What type of fishing do you love to death?

Guest Fishing For Life

What type of fishing do you love to death?  

144 members have voted

1. 1. What type of fishing do you love to death?

• Trout / Steelhead
    • Salmon
    • Pike
    • Musky
    • Walleye
    • Pickerel
    • Crappie
    • Small Mouth Bass
    • Large Mouth Bass
    • Carp
    • Perch

Salmon fishing in the great lakes....I am yet to find a species that fights so hard and powerful than Chinook. The gear you use for them and the power they have to handle you like we are jello gets my heart pumping everytime. There is nothing more than seeing that rod pop out of the downrigger, seeing your rod double over while yor reel is screaming that sweet sound, and not knowing how big of fish you have on the end. It says something when you saw "oh, just a small one...about 10lbs or so....LOL....I LOVE IT!!!!!!

I love the adventures of winter steelie fishing the Niagara in the boat from about December until it starts to get warm, also many trips spent on foot hiking around for steelies and big lakers.

Late fall, early spring pike action where there are lots of 10lbs plus fish in the mix

I love trying my hand a musky fishing throughout the year as well,fall is my favorite time for that...that's generally when the big ones come out at the places I fish for them

All this is in no particular order, I just like fishing for big fish :Gonefishing:

i'm happiest when i'm fishing, and that means anything at all. it doesn't matter if it's a big fight, no fight, soaking a bobber, or jigging a sabiki rig. I grew up on a lake catching big pike, perch, and walleye so i got hooked on fishing from a very early age. I have to say i prefer any kind of fishing where i'm casting when i have a choice. or maybe i just think that because it helps fuel my addiction to getting the latest greatest gizmo rods and reels.

What i would like to try is tuna fishing, and i mean big tuna, like 1000#