How many folks live near London

LundGuy

I'm from Woodstock, 20 min east of London. Thames river sludges it's way through the city and I fish quite a bit in both ends of the river (below and above the Gordon Pittock Reservoir). Any one ever want to hook up and do some fishing I'm always game. Would love to get out on LPB for some pike right now.

PB

And 9 minutes with little J in tow!

I think I'm going to borrow the neighbours canoe and explore sometime with ya.

-Brian

I make better time with the little guy in tow since he's big enough to carry his own gear now.

I'm from Woodstock, 20 min east of London. Thames river sludges it's way through the city and I fish quite a bit in both ends of the river (below and above the Gordon Pittock Reservoir). Any one ever want to hook up and do some fishing I'm always game. Would love to get out on LPB for some pike right now.

PB

Slowpoke meet Pauly, Pauly meet Slowpoke.

Now both meet some lpb pike.

Did you get the boat out of storage yet Brian?

I make better time with the little guy in tow since he's big enough to carry his own gear now.

Slowpoke meet Pauly, Pauly meet Slowpoke.

Now both meet some lpb pike.

Did you get the boat out of storage yet Brian?

Hey Pauly, if we try hard enough maybe we can get John out of the house some weekend for fishing!

John, got the boat out of storage today. I was thinking of going to LPB today since I was half way there but it looks a little grim and really windy. Fishing from the couch today!

-Brian

Hey Pauly, if we try hard enough maybe we can get John out of the house some weekend for fishing!

John, got the boat out of storage today. I was thinking of going to LPB today since I was half way there but it looks a little grim and really windy. Fishing from the couch today!

-Brian

Sorry to hear that. It was 22C and sunny when we took to the sea for some cod on Friday. Report to follow next week when I get back. BTW enjoy the snow on Wednesday!!

jjcanoe in the wooden shoe

Currently residing in Toronto, but I grew up in London and cut my teeth fishing the mighty Thames. We lived one block from Greenway Park and a ten minute bike ride to Springbank Dam. I fished, virtually anywhere on the Thames from Nilestown, downstream to Delaware. Mostly walkin/wading the river in search of smallies, but also enjoyed fishin the dam in the fall for ... believe it or not, steelhead, lakers, chinnies and coho!

Of course, the mighty river hogg (carp) was a favorite foe during the hot summer months and the river never failed to provide all the fertilizer my mom's roses could eat! Also caught many bowfins, white perch, crappies, perch, gar, the occasional pike and of course, before the run was decimated pickereyes!

It really is a great place to learn and practice your skills, with the variety of species available. :Gonefishing:

HH

Sorry to hear that. It was 22C and sunny when we took to the sea for some cod on Friday. Report to follow next week when I get back. BTW enjoy the snow on Wednesday!!

jjcanoe in the wooden shoe

You miserable P----! I hope you wore your arms out!

I have something here for you to pick up... $25.00. You probably won't need them for your brookie trip so no rush to come by.

-Brian

• 1 month later...
ST.Thomas right in the middle of probably the worst fishing in ontario without driving a hour or so in any direction.

Umm... there is a great CARP river in St Thomas!

just ask my little daughter, Botbot, she caught a 25lb one there on her first day fishing ever. ( see a pic on the post " my daughters first time fishing")

It seems there are many folks in the Toronto ,Hamilton and Northern areas on this board, many being friends and live close to each other. So I wondered how many folks live in London or surrounding area.

There is a ton of local reports for the London and South western area of the province @ skunked.ca I find you need to use several boards to find good data before you load up the truck and boat to head out. With the price of Gas I use this board skuked,ca and spoon pullers and am usually not dissapointed when I fish a new area. People who use all of the boards I belong to are mostly selfless adn do their best to help you out. :canadian:

For the last 25 years I've been lucky to live by Lake Huron in what used to be known as Bosanquet Twp but now called Lambton Shores. We are near ( 7 km ) the town of Forest about 60 Km or an hour from London. Like it here as much as I did when we first moved here and I'm old enough that by the time "progress" ( known as more subdivisions ) come around I'll be gone!