Where's the best sucker fishing spot?

wuchikubo

Okay, I'm looking to gather info on where the best sucker fishing spot would be. I'd like to target some channel cats later on and would like to get some cut bait for it. Seeing that nobody much cares for these coarse fish, I'll like to target them on some small rivers.

Yeah, I know about the thread with about CO's checking so I will use my 6' rod with worms just to make sure I don't tick off any steelie anglers. Wouldn't removing some suckers from the rivers help with the trout's survival chances?

Looking for a spot within 45 min of Markham. PM if you wish to keep it secret LOL.

Stan

well last year I caught a ton of them in the credit river - between dundas and burnhamthorpe....using a pink trout worm, and raw shrimp to...suckers love raw shrimp..

good luck

UF, I gotta feeling that using a pink trout worm might work against me if the CO came by to chat. Shrimp?! I'm thinking that's luxury food for them, I'm thinking cheap of course. Worms picked up off the road when it was wet is going to be my bait.

big fat juicy earthworms are just as good as anything, I just use the pinkies for near everything because I tend to fish spur of the moment kind of thing and they're always good to go. I also like the fact that I can catch a few fish on 1 worm, and don't have to keep any critters in the fridge. As for shrimp, I wrap up small chunks of raw shrimp in roe bags, along with a couple of those colored buoyant balls as a suppliment for not having roe. Unless things have changed from last year that stretch of the river is an extended season. I don't live in the sauga anymore.

Cheers dude,

UF

is 16 mile creek close to 14 mile creek?

Yea it's only 2 miles away...

Good call on Duffins Creek. You can always find plenty of suckers there, even today.

Another place I would check out is Lynde Creek. It's always been a good spot for suckers as long as I can remember. Pringle Creek also.

Just get yourself some nightcrawlers and you're in business.