Bit of a sore back, pinched nerve in the elbow, mess up pinky..

dsn

Well with a slightly sore back but managable and a pinched nerve which cause my pinky finger to curl and I can't seem to straighten it out. But before it was tingling for a long time. I went to my doc but he said there wasn't anything he could do. So back out carping I went.

Recently I checkout the island but nothing was happening there so I went back to where things were happening. I prefer bigger fish cause they fight harder but I guess these little guys will do.

Sinced I fished this location already this year they were waiting for me. It didn't take long before...

April16001.jpg

Once again hair rigs didn't work this time still sluggish on the hits.

April16002.jpg

Had to use the thinnest hook I could find and I think it was a number 6 that

did the trick.

April16003.jpg

Thats my pinky finger which I have a hard time trying to straighten out.

And the finger beside that. I'll never rest my elbow on the table beside

my laptop again. :( Doc said it will take a long time before it gets any better.

April16004.jpg

April16006.jpg

The release...It would be tough to lift anything heavier cause without

my two fingers I have very little striength to hold anything up for long.

So when I go out for the bigger fish.. "I might need a landing buddy" :lol:

"Any volunteers?" :D

April16007.jpg

April16008.jpg

April16010.jpg

This guy was chubby from all the corn I tossed in there. :P

I took this last pic cause I thought it was cool to see the reflection of the

swan in the water.

April16015.jpg

Time to bring out the buzzers and banksticks !! Gonna be toasty day

coming up soon. Enjoy it!!

dsn

Yup get that hand checked out! do you experience pain at all? if so it could be alot more serious then a pinched nerve... I had something similar only to discover I had shattered my wrist and did not know it... I knew I had pain and my fingers were wonky... surgery, bone graft, screws and a plate.... my wrist is back together... all because m fingers went weird and I had busted bones in my wrist....

it took a CT scan to find the breaks... alot of little bones in the wrist...

If you have any pain in the wrist... please please please get it looked at...

G

Yup get that hand checked out! do you experience pain at all? if so it could be alot more serious then a pinched nerve... I had something similar only to discover I had shattered my wrist and did not know it... I knew I had pain and my fingers were wonky... surgery, bone graft, screws and a plate.... my wrist is back together... all because m fingers went weird and I had busted bones in my wrist....

it took a CT scan to find the breaks... alot of little bones in the wrist...

If you have any pain in the wrist... please please please get it looked at...

G

There's no pain at all. When it first happend it was just alot of tingling going on. I did a search online and found that some other people had the samething. They also did the samething resting their elbows on the computer table. Their doctor's told them to stop doing it. And when they did, a few weeks later the tingling sensation was gone and her fingers turned out fine. I tough if I have stopped resting my elbow on the table the samething would happen but it didn't. The tingling has gone. I believe the tingling was lack of blood flowing to the finger or fingers.

But everyone is right I should get a second opinion.

Thanks

dsn

I'm always amazed at the quality pics you get WHILE you are fighting fish! That's a skill on it's own. Great report as always.

On a side note, I've had the tingling fingers as well. And as you mentioned it was from resting my elbows on tables or any other hard surface for too long. Sounds like your issue is different...I've never had a finger curl up like that. I'm glad to hear you are getting a second opinion!

Please see a chiropractor or other soft tissue therapist that does Active Release Therapy. It works. It's just a form of deep massage, and you can see results immediately.

You can check for a practitioner here just by typing in your postal code.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but nice lookin Carp! They seem very clean and very cooperative! I'm wonder if your sore back has anything to do with your finger problem... perhaps a pinched nerve in your back is causing the problem... as others have said... get a 2nd opinion... in my opinion!