Update on Belleville flooding...........waiting game now

DT10Sam

Hi Everyone,

Well all of the volunteers and homeowners in the area are patiently waiting to see what the next couple of days will bring. All of the homes are near the river have the sandbags in place and the water level did not rise overnight. I know that some of the residents in the effected area are trying to clean up the mess that they have presently and they are hoping that the river that is to crest in the next couple of days will be held back with all of their efforts. Here are a few more pics of the area and the Moira river flowing to the Bay of Quinte. Iwould think that the water level in the Bay of Quinte is up by now to normal levels.

Apr15d.jpg

Apr15e.jpg

Apr15c.jpg

Apr15f.jpg

Apr15a.jpg

Apr15b.jpg

Regards,

Sam

That's a real mess out that way Sam and it's a shame to see it happening to folks, but it's good to see people like you, Pete and all the rest who are volunteering your time to help out any way you can.

Hope it all works out for everybody.

Jeeezzz, that's alot of water Sam. Good on ya and the others that are helping out with the situation over there. With the warmer temps snow melt might be of concern, but at least there's no call for heavy rain.

Godspeed in your home resue efforts. Amazing pics

reefrunner

I have been consumed with the assisting of flooding in the area if any OFNers have family in the area or residents that need to be checked pm me the info and I will be pleased to check on it for you. The area is under blockade with the police etc. and they are keeping the curious people from driving into the area. The roads need to be left open for emergency vehicles etc. I will be there most of the day tomorrow and hopefully things will not be as bad. Things seem to be under control of sorts today and and the warmer temperatures in the next couple of days without rain will help some. There is concern of the melting snow north of here (the Bancroft area) and now I have reports of the area just south of Stocco Lake are bagging sand as that area is also under pressure of flooding.

Regards,

Sam

Edited by DT10Sam

WOW, that looks nasty. I just talked to one of my customers a few minutes ago and he lives on the Moira (almost literally now) and he said the water is four feet from the house right now and holding. He said he can't even let the dog in the backyard for a whizz!

I'll see if I can post some pics when at school tommorrow..

Just taking a break right now and have the camera batteries charging...

as Im looking out the back patio door there is a boat towing a garden shed it looks like, out onthe river.....

Went to bed last night and the water was just west of the firepit located close to the middle of our backyard......When I awoke this morning it was on the east side.

Your right Sam..the Moira is supposed to crest by wednesday, is what theyre saying...

It'll be a relief I hope for them folks.

....in our parts

TrentHills and the Valley..isnt supposed to crest for another 2 weeks......GoodGrief.

We just got back from CT purchasing more rope to tie some articles down.

We've got another 70' still of lawn before the water.....thats out of 120' from the back patio door.

Keep up the great work Bud!........

...seen the army helipcopter daily surveying the situation...they are up an down the river near 8hrs a day.)

Sam..I'll be back in Belleville tommorrow (7:30am)morning till noon..

If theres anything I can contribute give me a shout on the cell...Got a full tank of gas.

Gas on the REZ selling $ 1.03/09.

Sam....Yes it is a tragedy and everyones pulling together on it and it seems like all is working but I got to tell ya Bud.......your truck has been seen everywhere throughout this...

WTG !

Ive got to concern myself more where I live now....but I can stillI be available tommorrow til noon if req'd.

Edited by brickNblock

Sam, wish I still had my truck as I would love to help and a 62 year old with a shovel and sand bags probably would be more in the way than anything but if you need someone to fix pumps or anything; have tools, will travel! Apart from that can't offer much more than prayers!

i live close to the Moira in town. This is a picture of me just above the old dam last August chasing some very small smallmouth with the fly rod.

Awwcute.jpg

Anyway THAT is what the Moira looks like during low water. Sam's last 2 pictures are of the SAME place. Gives you an idea of how much water is moving though their right now, and what they are up against.

-R-

i live close to the Moira in town. This is a picture of me just above the old dam last August chasing some very small smallmouth with the fly rod.

Awwcute.jpg

Anyway THAT is what the Moira looks like during low water. Sam's last 2 pictures are of the SAME place. Gives you an idea of how much water is moving though their right now, and what they are up against.

-R-

I know exactly where you are. I used to be one of those dumb kids that shot the hole in the dam behind you. I used to live almost straight up the hill.

It's amazing how much that river rises and falls. I remember downtown was always a disaster in the spring.

Used to live on Marsh Drive. Then moved to Elvins Gardens. When we moved the tree fort we had built was still up and in the tree of our new back yard. (used to be a wooded area before that) Went to school at Princ of Wales and then on to Quinte.

Been a while since I was there. Used to live in the first house on the south side right beside the row houses. If you lived in the neighborhood all your life you might be one of the ones I used to babysit, just by looking at your age in your profile.