Kashagawigamog OFNCers

setomonkey

Hi guys,

I posted a little while ago about wanting to rent a cottage with some friends this summer, we finally booked and looks like we are going to be on Kashagawigamog in late July.

Never fished this lake, any general suggestions on where to try and what lures to start with?

Also, anybody on that lake who might be interested in meeting up for a morning or afternoon? The cottage rental only comes with a canoe and paddle boat, I might rent a boat from the local marina for a day or two during our stay but I want to fish as much as I can while we're up there. Happy to pay for gas and provide lunch & snacks.

Mike

I was thinking of posting the same question. I'm going there the first week 0f june for our bowling banquet for five days. I know there's lakers, walleye, and muskie. The east end is deepest (Ithink I remembered that right) But thats about all I know. Maybe someone can give us some useful info. Good luck when you go, and dont forget to post a report.

:thumbsup_anim:

Hey Seto what part of the lake is the cottage on and maybe I can help you out. I am up there almost all Summer (weekends I mean).

There are Lakers, Muskies, LMB, and SMB. I have yet to hook up with a Laker but the rest are good. I find evenings the best in July for Pickerel.

Also great thing is it is a chain of Lakes so you can cover a lot of ground.

A boat is a definite asset on Kash: it will allow you to access the entire chain of lakes: Head, Grass, Kash, Soyers, Canning. Kash is a pretty good multi-species lake, not really a stand-out for any one species. It is probably best known in this area for it walleye fishing. If you get up early, you will have very little company: fish in the evenings and it can be bumper-boats on the hot spots. Drop me a line when you are coming up. I could show you some good bass spots on that chain.

Thanks guys, I will keep your contact info and get in touch with you closer to the date.

Nemo, I actually don't know which part of the lake it is. We are going up with another couple and a friend of ours and one of them took care of the booking. I will find out where the cottage is.

Took a look at the Angler's Atlas map on the weekend and see what you mean about the chain of lakes, looks like lots of different spots to choose from. So much water, so little time...

Mike

I'll be up there the 2nd week in July at a resort (Halimar?) and plan on bringing my 12' tin. Any help/advice for my brother-in-law and I would be greatly appreciated!

Mike, make sure you get you boating lic. if you haven't as some places will not rent you a boat without it...

We rented Kashaka lodge for a few years, it's located at the small bay close to the channel between the main lake and Head Lake. Fishing is pretty good in that small bay, I caught LMB, SMB, pickerals, my wife even caught her first muskie there on a jig.

I fished from the swimming platform (15 meter from shore) at night with power grubs on a jig and caught quite a few pickerals. Although most on the small side (1 to 2 lb). Early morning and evening are the best time fishing there. And close to the channel on the main lake there is a sunken island, water drops from a few feet to like 100'+ (can't remember the exact number), fish minnows there can get you some pickerals too. But be VERY CAREFUL boating around the sunken island, we almost hit some hidden rocks.

The killer bait for LMB there and at Head lake is live frogs, one old guy fishes there with live frog exclusively and every time he came back he amazed us with his catches. A few 4+ pounder almost every time. (not a good thing he kept them but nothing we could say if it's legal).

It's a nice place, the high fishing pressure does reduce the catch size. For lakers, you'll need riggers and go the the far end where the water is much deeper. We never tried that as fishing close to the lodge was good enough for a relaxing vacation.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

*thread bump*

Hey folks.

So my time is coming real close for my annual trip to Lake Kashagawigamog, I get there on July 6th. I'll be staying at Halimar and I will be bringing my boat. Is there a launch close to the resort? Can you tell me any tip's or trick's to fishing this area of the lake?

I'm not going to be venturing far from the resort if any of the kids want to come so any spot with any fish for the kids would be appreciated!

Thanks for looking and any replies, cheers.

Geoff

I gether the good folks fishing on Lake Kashagawigamog are all out and maybe missed this?

Either way, I'll be having some fun up there fishing when I can. If you are up there that week PM me and maybe I can hook up with you for a bit. Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm back from the resort and happy I brought the small boat along.

2 bass managed to get a pic taken too. 1st one was 5LB's on 2 scales (had to double check it) and the 2nd was just under 3LB's. The 2nd was my 1st cast from shore as we were getting ready to go out for some walleye's. I got the 1st set of hooks out when my bro-in-law came over with the camera to snap this pic. All and all it was a fun place to go to, yet again...

5lbfromKash.jpg

3lbfromKash.jpg

100_1323.jpg

Edited by GBW