Drift socks

forrest

Most now all have the boat size rating on them

If you buy 2 don't down size I run one off the back and then off the nose so you get a wide open side drift and socks don't get in the way of landing fish.

It's nice to have 2 out in real heavy winds

Forrest, buy a size or 2 bigger then stated on the package. just on the 14' the small one didnt do anything. i bought a 54" and its great. i use it for both the big and small boat.

What Mike said.

I remember guys usng the ikea bags with good success.

Trombly's sale this weekend.. Lindy socks are 1/2 price in 3 sizes.

Dang! Orillia is a bit of a drive though and at this time of year its hard to convince the wife that we are going on a family outing and "accidentally" come across the sale :whistling:

I did get a couple of Lindy Original fishing socks...50" with a bouy harness @$45! Could I tell the diff between drift socks at this point, not likely (I hear the more expensive ones can be smaller and to the same job).

forrest

I hear Gagnon's also has a sale on with socks!

Yep, thats where I got mine!

Bass Pro sells the Lindy Drift control Original 50" for $63 without a bouy harness. Gagnon's is selling them with a bouy harness (bouy not in stock yet) for $45! I did not see anymore when I went back this afternoon, its a 4 day sale so I would think they would put more out later. Lots of 60" ones

Bass Pro also sells a 30" and the site rates it for the same size boat its $34 or so.....who knows if its just as good or better (?)

forrest

Don't know Forrest... I have a big one in the boat that the wife bought me for fathers day... 'cause someone at BPS pointed out I could probably use one. Hasn't been out of the bag and probably never will be.. unless I change how I fish. I can troll my Lund at 0.3MPH, if I need to.. up to 5.8MPH on the kicker. After that I just use the big motor.

Edited by irishfield