Spring Crappie Action

Minnow

Well headed out for Crappie yesterday and since almost every place is still frozen headed to Bradford. This is not my favourite place to fish but sure beats sitting at home. Got there at around 12 pm and launched the boat there was a crowd of boats by a fallen tree but I decided to stay away from the crowd and find my own school of fish! Started fishing any kinds of underwater structure or cover I could find and in about 5 min we had our first crappie! The action stayed hot during the whole day, we caught 27 crappie and about 10000 small dinky perch and bluegill! Still fun to catch on a very light set up and was great way to start the soft water season! The place was suprisingly packed with people for a weekday don't even want to imagine what its like there on the weekend! Finished fishing at about 4 and headed home, overall not a bad day and I can't wait for annual G-bay pike opener trip May 1st (which will hopefully be in my new RANGER!!!)

Here is one of the many crappies we caught no real slabs but at least we got our target species!

CrappieSpring.jpg

SpringCrappie.jpg

Nice job....ok that's three posts about bradford crappie in less than 5 days.....this weekend should be fun out there with the crowds !! Rain should stir things up a bit and make for more water to fish....Its all good, there's plenty of perch to keep everyone busy... Good luck , and I might see some of you out there if the steelhead conditions get blown !!