Fishing in Alberta Video

JohnAB

Good day all,

Know everyone here likes the fishing pics so here is one of myself (fat guy driving boat) and friend Mike at Pigeon Lake Alberta which is approximately 1.5 hours south of Edmonton. Lake is catch and release only for walleye. Pigeon would rank as one of the top 2 or 3 walleye lakes in all of Alberta. Having fished the fine lakes of NW Ontario a lot, I would rank Pigeon up there with any of them for action on walleyes.

Will warn you however, Mike did up the video/slideshow and his taste in music is not for everyone.

Yup I like the Music too. What I know of Pigeon is what you said. Excellent fishery and especially so close to Edmonton. They also have an Excellent kids Ice Derby that the Fishing Alberta show promotes. My favorite Lake is Wolf Lake North of St Paul East of Lac La'biche. By the way I met a guy that works for the RM of Meota that just caught a 24lb pike the other day in Murray lake.

No I never asked the guy. But in the spring apparently the Walleye fishing is good. You got to find them. I fished the lake a couple of times but only caught some small jack. Seems the best fishing is in the winter or when the Indians are netting. Its definately not a pretty lake though. I suppose from the air it would look like a giant pothole. Give me a dingle next time your in town

Edited by holdfast

Awesome video and some great walleye.

My brother lives just outside of Edmonton and Pigeon Lake is one body of water that we picked to fish when I visit him in September. We chose Pigeon as one destination mainly for the fact that it's close to where my brother lives, (Leduc). Good to know we accidently picked a good lake! LOL!!!

Great video there! Thanks for posting... funny story about the Offspring, which I did very much enjoy... my wife and I attended the Offspring show at the ACC a few years back... well, obviously I was the oldest dude there, gry hair etc... and when we sat down in our seats, everyone got up and moved!

I think they thought I was a Narc because they kept lookin at us to make sure we were not approaching them as they lit their "smokables"!

My wife and I still laugh about that to this day!

HH