MY FIRST STEELHEAD OF THE YEAR!!!

jonnybass

Here is my first Steelhead report of the year.

Enjoy.

Started off at my local trib today. Trib X.

Got into some good steel. Went 17/25, before the local crowds started arriving. The locals can get a bit aggressive so I figured it was time to leave.

Here is one Steelie I snapped a picture of before I packed it up. (Some of you might recognize the spot)

gallery_3024_454_54573.gif

I hopped in the car, and headed to my next secret spot. (It's trib X of Lake X)

This is a spot that is a bit of a drive, but since it's so secret I figured it would be worth it.

I got there and someone must have leaked the secret spot on the internet, because when I got there, there were already some local guys fishing my secret hole.

Managed to go 29/44 before the elbow to elbow crowd started getting on my nerves.

Here's one quick pic I snapped before I headed to my next ultra secret spot.

gallery_3024_454_71419.gif

I arrived at the final trib of the day, and man it was worth it. Not a single angler other than me. I think I was the only human being on this particular planet (planet X), which is definitely good for the fishing.

It really pays to keep the secret info to yourself. Not even my wife knows the location of this spot.

Anyway, I went 159/275 before calling it a day. Nothing like smoking those steelies.

I manage to snap this quick pic before a safe release.

gallery_3024_454_24013.gif

Overall, I went 205/344. Not bad, but I could have done better if I didn't have to compete with the crowds at my first 2 spots. The fishing just isn't as good as it used to be before people started leaking secret info all over the net.

Cheers!

Dang, great report. If it wasn't for all the exotic locals in the background I can swear it was the same fish. lol. Anyway congrats on the Steelie(s?) Good start to a good year.

reefrunner

(P.S. I'd be p-ee-ed off with all that trash the fellas left behind in the second pick)

How many fish did you catch? I don't get it.

Is this a joke?

How did you go from Alaska to the Don River to Mars?

Man after the first part of your email, I was putting my waders on, but I have no idea how to get there. Can you PM me directions?

Thanks man.

^_^:Gonefishing::rolleyes:B):lol: