Snorkeling

livinisfishin

Hey Guys,

Just thuoght of another topic that i think might generate some good response. I snorkel all the time in the spring and the summer monthes i go all around midland and penetang. The ferry area to go to christian island is a spot i want to snorkel ive fished there once , water is so deep and clear i love it. No fish visible lol not that day. Ive also snorkeled around the water in awenda park. Great clear and deep water, with lots of rock structure! Another spot i like to go to is this dock on six mile lake, very weedy but if you stay at the top you can get through pretty easily and even see a school of perch or a few baby bass, maybe bigger if yuo are there at the right time! Does anybody have any suggestions to areas my friend and i could try going?

Edited by livinisfishin

Tobermory's water is crystal clear. I know its mainly diving, but there are a lot of places you could snorkle. Take the boat to Flower Pot Island and swim around there. You dont even really need to snorkle its so clear. Or try the harbour by the lighthouse/tower. The water is so cold but so clear.

Mike

I snorkel all the timeat the lake I spend most of my time fishing on. Have explored several of the big reefs and have seen all kinds of bass and the odd walleye and tons of panfish. Including one monster bass that I could continually entice towards me by wiggling my fingers. Once while swimming acroos the lake I was in about 120 feet of water and ended up in the middle of a huge school of minnows must have been 20x20x10 feet of them. I had a bad thought right then thinking maybe a muskie might be around and mistake parts of me for bait but nothing happened. Funny Ive see lots of musky hanging out on the reefs while Im fishing but have seen none while snorkeling.

I second the Grand....

and Conestoga Lake lol

I love going to Tobermoray but you can also check out Lions Head (a little shallower and calmer)

I always used to snorkel outside Killbear Park....Ive seen some pretty big pike and some decent muskie

outside some narrows.

There were a couple of enterprising snorkeling teenagers that sunk a spring innards out of a mattress below the dam at Bobcaygeon many years ago (60's)...After they were caught the judge made them remove it themselves...

I watched them come up with handfulls of tackle but thought they just picked them off the rocks down there...lots of bucktail jigs and Rapalas...

I don't suggest the mattress thing but the areas below dams should help fill your tackle boxes... :whistling: