Canadian Tire Sales

Andrew

I was browsing their website and noticed that they had hip waders on for half price, $44.95 regular $89.99, so I went to a local store that showed inventory. When I got there I discovered that sizes 8,9,10 were on sale but not the 11.

Now there is no premium for the size 11, they are all the same regular price, why would they not be on sale? It seems like I'm being discriminated against because of the size of my foot! I called their customer service and am still waiting to hear back from them about why this might be.

Is this something that goes on often? Do other places do this? I've never noticed this before. I realize that some of the larger sizes have premium prices because of the extra material that may be required, but when they all have the same sticker price, how do you put one size on sale and not the other?

Andrew.

I was browsing their website and noticed that they had hip waders on for half price, $44.95 regular $89.99, so I went to a local store that showed inventory. When I got there I discovered that sizes 8,9,10 were on sale but not the 11.

Now there is no premium for the size 11, they are all the same regular price, why would they not be on sale? It seems like I'm being discriminated against because of the size of my foot! I called their customer service and am still waiting to hear back from them about why this might be.

Is this something that goes on often? Do other places do this? I've never noticed this before. I realize that some of the larger sizes have premium prices because of the extra material that may be required, but when they all have the same sticker price, how do you put one size on sale and not the other?

Andrew.

Oh to be a size 11.....try even finding a 14 or 15!! lol :wallbash:

Doesnt make sense to me tho!

Yeah that seems more like a store mistake then anything. Does it show the 11 on sale on the site? or is there any fine print that you are missing? Either way, talk to a manager at the store, they should honor something such as this.

They checked the system and said that the price is set from corporate. The manager at the first store said he'd give it to me for $44.95, but then when we went to look for them, it was the wrong product in the box. I then went to another CT that had stock, told the manager there everything and she wouldn't give it to me. She said she couldnt' deviate from the pricing in her system!

Andrew

Often smaller and larger size apparel are sold on clearance when the inventory gets to high. The web site states that they are not on sale, thus they do not have to sell them at the sale price. I have 2 pair of similar style waders myself and have found that it is best to go a size larger than you would normally, allows for extra socks and Hot shots when fishing in the very cold temps.