Last Day Of BPS Spring Classic Sale !!!

fishindevil

Well i just got back from yes you guessed it bass pro,AGAIN !!!!. :canadian::w00t: man i spend too much money there,anyways it was packed,very busy,and just needed a few more spools of line and some more walleye worm harness blades,bps brand,and they are nice they were on sale as well,and picked up six more spools of triene flourocarbon,and thats all,but i did manage to catch one of our members MARK KULIK"s bass fishing seminar,it was good they had the big portable fish-tank there and he was casting tubes,and explaining it to people about the proper way to fish them,so after i got the chance to talk to him for about 15mins,what a great guy,and always more than happy to give you some great advice on anything bass fishing,man they guy sure knows his stuff,and i hope him & myself can get together for a day of fishing out on simce,thanks mark !!!! so on the way out my GF/aka fishergirl....says to me hey thats lew in front of us at the stoplight with the OFC DECAL,in his back window,so we all waved to eachother on hwy 400 southb ound,i met up with lew a few weeks ago in bass pro as well,good to see ya again lew...so the store pretty much looks like its been gone over 1000 times or so,and of course alot of the great stuff is long gone,but still have some things they said will remain on sale till its gone !!!! so it still might be worth a trip in a few days if theres still things that ya need, well so far this winter i think i made 10 trips there and of course spent more money than i should have !!!!...but then again hey we are fishermen right,and we all know we need 10 of everything right ?? LOL..LOL. so im pretty stocked and all set for my boat,if we can get through the snow at the farm,and get her out of the barn !!!!so i prob will not be there for a few months as i spend all winter getting things i need and replaced,so that once fishing season is here i dont need anything...so i was just letting you know that things are still going to be on sale,and to say by to bass pro till prob fall !!!!! cheers evryone :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Hey Shawn, it was good to ALMOST talk to you again, but it's kinda dangerous having a conversation between cars going down the road at 70 MPH :lol:

I tried to talk to Mark Kulik myself, but he was busy, but I did meet up with David Chong and had a nice chat with him for awhile, then met Basskicker and talked to him for awhile longer, and then ran into my old pal Roger BPS BASSMAN, so we went and had a coffee for 1/2 an hour and it was then time to head home.

Sheeeesh, it was like an OFC g2g there today.....great stuff !!!!!!!

I didn't need anything at all and just went for a drive, but still ended up spending $40 hahaha

It didn't look like I would be able to go to Toronto today but my buddy was able to free himself up and called me this morning. He asked me to go with him to BPS today and check out some of the specials that were left. I picked up a few Berkley Power baits, Yum Walleye Grubs & VK Finesse Tubes, Slurpies, Bass Pro Shops Tournament Series Tripple Ripple Grubs, Northern King Lures, and a couple of Little Cleo's.

I was able to listened in on Mark Kulik's seminar and watched a bass being filleted afterward. The fish seemed to really like the Berkley Gulp baits he was throwing in the tank.

One of these days I am going to recognize someone from this site at one of these functions. I guess I will have to invest in some OFC apparel to stand out a bit more. Wearing my General Mills hat doesn't seem to be doing it.

Tom.

YES tom we were probly sitting beside eachother..LOL..LOL.,do like the rest of us do and buy on OFC hat,its amazing all the members you will meet wearing a hatand figures i didnt have mine on today!!!! i was looking at those tripple ripple tail grubs as well,the price was right thats for sure,sounds like you did alright with lots of deals....and yes mark sure knows his stuff,he fishes with karl all the time,and was on his show too....cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Sorry I missed you Shaun & Tom.

Thoroughly enjoyed the conversation Lew. Its been too long since the last one, but I was sure we only talked for 15 minutes which was the length of my break :D:D

You must be adding the 15 minutes that I helped you in the store :lol::lol:

Hey Shawn, me and a buddy were at the sports show yesterday and then went to Bass Pro, man busy isnt the word for it. we spent 3.5 hrs at the show and 4 hours at BP, so much stuff and not enough money. Great deal on reef runners. I have to go back before the season opens.

Jeff and I were at BPS this afternoon too, and didn't manage to notice any OFC gear. Thank god we don't find fish by sight. Time to order shirts - at least you eagle eye types could find us, even if we're oblivious. :)

I enjoyed Lonnie King's walleye & Jeff Gustafson's multi-species seminars. They had a few pieces of gear I hadn't seen before, and happily added to the shopping list. Jeff took in Paul Powiss's filleting work, and Simon Frost's Humminbird seminar. Looking forward to seeing what he learned.

We picked up ~$125 worth of little dribs and drabs here and there, but wound up with at least half the shopping list marked "find elsewhere." Lots of stuff sold out, or not carried at all. Lots more with price tags that made me wish we'd done BPS first, sportsmens show second - instead of the other way around. Oh well, live and learn for next year!

Example: one 7'2" MH Shimano Cumara spinning rod. Prices as tagged.

$220 at Natural Sports show booth

$230 at JB's show booth

$240 MSRP according to Ontario Out of Doors

$250 at Fishing World show booth

$280 at Bass Pro store ($226cdn + shipping at basspro.com)

:blink:

Good morning Lew.....it was nice chatting with you. Finally nice to put a face to the name....and contrary to popular belief....Lew was smiling....lol. Maybe we can hook-up sometime throughout the summer. Expensive day yesterday......when we left we went to Lebaron's NO TAX weekend. Cheers

Jason