Gas Fitter

livinisfishin

I got my first gas fitters license on thursday , two monthes of school paid off, now im going for four more monthes to get my second license so i will be able to work alone. Any ideas of where i should start looking for a job, or does anybody know anyone who is hiring in the heating and cooling or natural gas trade?

Direct Energy is usually looking for good tradesmen--I would get on the phone to construction contractors in the refrigeration/sheet metal installation companies.

Barrie is a bigger centre and will probably pay better than Midland---Like I mentioned in your west question--gas fitter will lead to other trades.

On long shot trades--every once in a while you can get into some industrial manufacturers--little harder as most are unionized and apprenticeships usually go internal with seniority.

Bushart

livinisfishin,

Please PM me... One of my sub-trades would be interested in talking with you... His name is Tony and is one hell of a great guy. I just got off the phone with him and brought you up in our conversation.

Company name is Tri-Star Mechanical

I will set you up with his contact info and he has asked you to call him.

Gerritt.

Edited by Gerritt

LOL... I know someone helped me with trying to get a new job last year after being out of the work force for 10 months due to injury and surgery..... it was my turn to pay it forward..

It was my pleasure to try and help out....

Now it is all up to Jason.

G