Gps Unit With Navionics

spoonman

Merry Christmas everyone. I am going to be buying a GPS Unit with the navionic chip in it this new year. I was wondering if you guys could tell me which one you like the best. I already have the eagle 500c sonar unit so I am just looking for the GPS Unit, with detailed maping.

Any info would be great.

Cheers

AL

Without a doubt go with the Lowrance H20 in monochrome or if you have the $$ go the colour unit. They are very precise and run the Navionics chip as well. We use their units on the boat for tourneys and they are easy to use, waterproof, come with the cigarette adapter and as I said excellent for bringing you back right to your spot. Lowrance customer service is great and also right in Mississauga. Fishing World in Hamilton had some at the store last week as well as the Navionics chip.

Actually there is a new chip out for Lowrance and Humminbird. It's called a Hot Spots premiere I believe.

Here's the complete list, plus a ton in Quebec with more to come!!

Baptiste And Elephant ON

Bay of Quinte * ON

Big Gull ON

Black ON

Bob’s ON

Boshkung And Twelve Mile ON

Chandos ON

Charleston ON

Christie ON

Crow ON

Devil ON

Eagle ON

Eagle * ON

Gull ON

Haliburton ON

Healey ON

Jack ON

Kahshe ON

Kashagawigamog ON

Kawagama ON

Kennisis ON

Lac Seul ON

Lake of the Woods * ON

Loughborough ON

Mary, Fairy, Vernon & Peninsula ON

Mazinaw ON

Mississipi ON

Opinicion ON

Otty ON

Paudash and Lower Paudash ON

Pikes ON

Rainy * ON

Redstone ON

Six Mile Wallmap ON

Temagami ON

Three Mile ON

White ON

Wolfe

JP

Edited by JPD

i was told not to buy the navionics gold ,because there is a platinum chip comming out soon,and it will offer even more they sais alot more than the gold chip does now,you can ask them at lowrance i sent them an -e-mail back in october when i bought my new graph and they told me to wait and not buy the gold chip for my unit,so im waiting till that comes out.and the coverage will be increased so i hope it will be out before i start salmon fishing in late march early april

Edited by fishindevil

The Platinum chips have been out all year now. I have been running one since May of 2006. They have everything from the Larry to the 5 Great Lakes plus the Ottawa River and the Trent Severn. Not a bad deal at all. It would cost 3 times the amount to have all of the charts. Plus they work on color units and can zoom in closer than the Gold Series can.

JP

I got my Platinum chip at Angling Outfitter's in Woodstock. They are one of the best around for Lowrance products.

519 539 5494 Ask for Jocylen.

The Platinum chip is dark blue with a silver sticker on it.

JP

I just got off the phone with Jocelyn regarding the platinum chip. It was my mistake.. I have the Gold Plus which is the most recent version and he sells it for $249.

The Platinum chip, like Irishfield said is not made yet and will have Topography lines and satellite imagery but with run with a very hefty $$$ tag.

Sorry for the confusion. It's winter and I miss it all already ;)

Edited by JPD

Hey Spoonman,

I run the Navionics XL3 chip in my 'Lowrance H20 Expedition' handheld and 334C Colour graph and tell you first hand that the chip works awesome in both units.

Good luck with your shopping!

Take care and good Fish'n.. Greg.