Power Sonic - 12 Volt Battery and Floating Charger

NAC

The Power Sonic battery referenced is only a 7 amp/hour battery. That would power my sonar unit for less than two 10 hour days. Usually I use a 33 amp/hour deep cycle battery. Determine the current draw of your sonar unit per hour as well as your typical sonar use pattern and then buy your battery accordingly.

The power Sonic brand is a good one. 7.0 amp hour is standard for most electronics. You could always go bigger, but as you said, weight is an important factor.

The price on that site looks pretty decent for what you get.

A couple of places locally that sell that brand would be BBM in Mississauga 1 888 DCVOLTS. They are on Shawson Drive just West of Dixie in Mississauga. Another is Total battery in Barrie 1 888 441-4446 if you want to check the price out.

7ah gell cells are a great choice.

My favorite sources are Active Surplus on Queen St W (toronto)

and several electronic surplus stores on the North side of Matheson just west of Dixie in Mississauga.

Very good prices!

I just bought a 12v 7Ah battery from Osso electric for $27. I charge it with my deepcycle battery charger set at 2A. Works great for my fishfinder......I can fish all weekend, day light till dark both days, and its still good to go.

Most electrical supply stores carry them for cheaper than what you've listed. Just ask for emergency back up light batteries......make sure its 12v, they also have 6v batteries.

Any 12v charger will charge it up, but its best on a slow charge (2A)

Sinker

Thanks all!

I was fairly certain I'd buy one but have now been swayed.

It's probably not the best idea to post everything on your wish list, or you may soon end up with lots of toys but no gas money to go out and play!?