Kids camping (not really fishing)

radar

My buddy and I want to take our kids (ages 2 and 3.5) camping last weekend in June somewhere within a few hours of GTA. I've been to many of the Prov. Parks but I can't think of one that is particularily good for kids.

Tent camping and toilets with swimming in a lake and some pan fishing is all we are looking for.

Any suggestions? Recommendations? Ones to avoid?

Thanks

Edited by radar

Boat or Shore don't matter. I have a 16' Springbok with a 40hp but I don't know if I'll bring it. Thisone's for the kids, I may just stick to shore fishing.

I was all set to book Balsam today but there isn't a site available the weekend I want.

Balsam ditto

Bass Lake near Orrilia

Lake Simcoe: Mara, Mcrae Point, Sibbald Point

basically any Provincial park thats classified 'recreational' is a safe bet

RESERVATIONS call asap as June can be prime and campgrounds can get filled up on those parks listed above near GTA, when booking tell them you have kids and they will place you accordingly.

Call asap, like today, for peace of mind.

i owuld try valens if you want to be close to home. there is good pan fish there and if the camping fishing thing is to much for the little ones your close to african lions safari to keep them enertained lol

If you really want to go out of town. Restoule pp has decent facilites and there is great fishing on tons of lakes in and around the area. Im actually fishing this area this summer after a great time last year.

CHeers!

Thanks guys. Valen's was looking pretty good. I was even thinking Santa's Village. Any thoughts on Emily PP? I'll check out the rest too. I was trying to keep it closer to home, but I'm not agains 3 hours or so out.

Lunkerbasshunter you hit it bang on about having a fall back option. My little guy is....how do you say..... rambunctious and needs lots of stimulous.

I say try Sandbanks provincial park an easy straight drive down the 401 .

Lots of easy fishing along the outlet river which leads to East Lake or Lake O also good fishing.Pan fish galore and I mean instant sunfish.

Be sure to start the kiddies off with the easy to use push button rod and reel combos.

Bobbers always make it more fun .Have a good trip.MTP

If you haven't found 'em yet buy the kids the " ROCKET FISHING ROD" { respool the line with good stuff} goes more than 30 feet... keeps 'em busy nomatter where they fish easy to use ..

As for a good provincial park.... Arrowhead provincial park on hwy 11n probably 2 or so hours from the GTA.....

good luck..

My little guy is hooked up with his Scooby doo rod. He did pretty good last year nailing some perch and sunfish. (another buddies 4 year old was killing the crappie on Rice with one last year - priceless!) Sometimes he just wants me to drop a couple of pan fish in the live well and he'll play around in there for a while.

I'm not pushing anything on him with fishing yet - just as long as he's having fun. And yeah I've been eyeballing that rocket rod - not sure I want him to have that with a hook yet!

If you are not against coming stateside you can try here

http://www.paradisebaypark.com/index.html

I have had all my kids there at various ages, tons of panfish, not much size to them though, although I never seriously fished for them.

Safe beach, a small lake that doesn`t get rough. Some serious bass fishing there.