The Perfect Ending

darsky

I must admit after being down 5-0 in the second I tuned in to American Idol to see the new crop but WOW a huge comeback with a shootout win. 3 big W's in a row. Could this be their year?

Not a chance....unless the better teams draw 10 penalties a game!

and how many better teams are there........2,3 ??

They don't only score on the pp

There are 2 teams in the league that have more points than the habs and the habs have games in hand on both these teams.

The habs are third in the league in the goals for category.

As much as I know the leaf fans out there don`t want to hear this but who cares I think the habs are 2 players away from being serious cup contenders and by all accounts Gainey is shopping.

Last nights game was super it brought back memories of the old fire wagon hockey that I loved to watch back in the 70`s>

You gotta love the way Kovalev is playing right now last night he was great and his line as a whole has to be one of the hottest lines in the league.

There is absolutely no way that the Canadians are Cup contenders, at least any more than Ottawa Pittsburgh. With Ottawa they have a little bit more Grit. Mtl has been Lucky. You Take away Komeserek you have nothing more than a European type team, Skate, Skate , Skate, but no Dig, Dig, Dig or Sacrificing themselves in the corners or Taking down the oppositions Big mean Players. And we Know the Playoffs is a different game playing different clubs than what Mtl plays all year. Mtl will fly off their High horse. Hurt Komeserek, put him in the penalty box and you have free reign to the Mtl Crease. Nothing against Boullion,but he is small. Heres the Kicker though, they have an opportunity to get rid of talented, non grit players for grit. But I here they want to trade the likes of draft picks and Bouillon, Cary, Ryder for the likes of a Hossa. In my books that's a step backwards, with the same desperate attitude for a Chelios to a Savard Trade. Where is Sam Pollock. Mtl is got to get Grit players and a Consistent scorer. Quit the Politics, especially the stupid trades, trying to make the fans happy. Id love a Vinney in Mtl, but what price. We'll see what kind of trade develops. Oh one last bullet for the hopeful, What kind of crap is that where a Rookie steals a purse in a Bar as part of hazing or whatever. Gots to be a European thing, I would not hesitate to trade Kouivu for one second and put Komeserek as Captain. Id even put Begin if its all about making fans happy. Sorry but not yet, they are not even close to being like Ottawa the past five years, and I still think Ottawa is missing that extra special Grit to play the Western Teams.

We are all aware of your bias against european players especially Koivu and I would agree that the habs need to add some grit and I believe I said that they need a couple of pieces, that being said the habs are getting closer to being serious contenders lets see what happens in the next few games.

There are 2 teams in the league that have more points than the habs and the habs have games in hand on both these teams.

The habs are third in the league in the goals for category.

As much as I know the leaf fans out there don`t want to hear this but who cares I think the habs are 2 players away from being serious cup contenders and by all accounts Gainey is shopping.

Last nights game was super it brought back memories of the old fire wagon hockey that I loved to watch back in the 70`s>

You gotta love the way Kovalev is playing right now last night he was great and his line as a whole has to be one of the hottest lines in the league.

who said anything about leafs fans...why you guys always gotta turn this on the leafs....ridiculous...LOL. If montreal faces a fast hard hitting team in the playoffs they are done...no way they can go a whole series like that...they are fast and can score but they cannot handle the hard checking.

Edited by charlied

I disagree. The habs played the flyers tough and won both games. Yes they are 2 players short to be serious contenders, but who knew that they would be in this position at this time of the year. Everyone has the right to bash the habs..watch the games dudes, then you would be more informed on how hard they are going to the corners and sacrificing their bodies, fighting for the puck et al.

I tell you that if Carey price stands on his head, along with huet to help, watch out for the habs. Not many teams can skate with them. You cannot hit what you cannot catch. Montreal turned last nights game around because they finally started to hit and skate harder that NY. The rangers were lost out on the ice the entire third period.

I'm not a Habs fan, but have to admit it was a heck of a comback win last night.

The only time I ceer for Montreal is when all other Canadian teams have been

eliminated from the playoffs. Then it's "GO HABS - GO CANADA".

We are all aware of your bias against european players especially Koivu and I would agree that the habs need to add some grit and I believe I said that they need a couple of pieces, that being said the habs are getting closer to being serious contenders lets see what happens in the next few games.

Whatever! all I know is that Higgens, Ryder, Latundress, Begin,Boullion, Komerserek are the only ones with some sort of Grit. I really dont know about the Rookies. And the only one that I would be Leary to go in a corner or fight would be Komerserek. Now as far as Brisbois (AKA Brokenwood) Dandenault, Hamerlik, Koivu, Markov, Plekanec, Streit, Kosteatsyn, Give me a Break. I would much rather trade those guys and get some young players that grew up in the American or Western League. Other than that, I cant see why any teanm in the League would loose sleep playing the Habs. Watch for the dumb trade Mtl will make losing what little Grit they have for, well Hossa which keeps coming up here from where I am. Supposedly they are interestes in Hossa, Tanguay, and some other Player which isnt really noteworthy. Like I said,there is a different league in the playoffs.

Like I said,there is a different league in the playoffs.

Absolutely....Case in point, Buffalo last year. Presidents cup, turned into a fight for their well being eaking their way into the semi's by the skin of their teeth. Brieres size and speed was a god send all regular season last year......but a consistant playoff forecheck left him on his butt a few times , cant be very fast when your skate blades arent on the ice lol

Well like I said before you obviously have a bias against europeans and apparently small players as well.

i think u hit the nail on the head there u named 5 of the 6 top scorers for the team

Hamrlik has been very good

Markov one of the best D man in the league right now and all season for that matter 3rd in team pts

Plekanec also having a great year 2nd on team pts

Kosteatsin same thing/chose pareille great young gun that i'm sure any team would love to have 6th team pts

numbers don't lie i guess u don't think ovechkin is any good either or malkin

by the way the "other name" tsn is reporting to interest the habs is non other but the god himself :blahblah1: sundin :blahblah1:

not that it would ever happen but can u imagine leafs nation after a trade like that

edit: i almost forgot GO HABS GO

Edited by walleyejigger

Whatever! all I know is that Higgens, Ryder, Latundress, Begin,Boullion, Komerserek are the only ones with some sort of Grit. I really dont know about the Rookies. And the only one that I would be Leary to go in a corner or fight would be Komerserek. Now as far as Brisbois (AKA Brokenwood) Dandenault, Hamerlik, Koivu, Markov, Plekanec, Streit, Kosteatsyn, Give me a Break. I would much rather trade those guys and get some young players that grew up in the American or Western League. Other than that, I cant see why any teanm in the League would loose sleep playing the Habs. Watch for the dumb trade Mtl will make losing what little Grit they have for, well Hossa which keeps coming up here from where I am. Supposedly they are interestes in Hossa, Tanguay, and some other Player which isnt really noteworthy. Like I said,there is a different league in the playoffs

Holdfast, i have to say that you are really not up to the news on this team so why care?? Most of the youngsters you mention have played on the WHL,OHL or the QMJHL and have come through the hamilton bulldogs organization. Again, why do you care exactly?? Are you a closet habs fan? or disgruntled leafs fan!

I'd like to have seen a 5-0 comeback.

The BEST non-Leaf game I've seen this season was the Oiler Canuck slug fest a few nights ago.

One game does not a Cup make.

For the Cup, I cheer for the Leafs, if not them, for reasons which shall not be mentioned, then I cheer for anyone playing against the Sens [go ducks] LOL, and then its open season.

I'd like to have seen a 5-0 comeback.

The BEST non-Leaf game I've seen this season was the Oiler Canuck slug fest a few nights ago.

One game does not a Cup make.

For the Cup, I cheer for the Leafs, if not them, for reasons which shall not be mentioned, then I cheer for anyone playing against the Sens [go ducks] LOL, and then its open season.

For the cup you cheer for the leafs, must be awful quiet around your place the last couple of years...well 40 years!

Sorry couldn`t resist.

Go Habs

Holdfast, i have to say that you are really not up to the news on this team so why care?? Most of the youngsters you mention have played on the WHL,OHL or the QMJHL and have come through the hamilton bulldogs organization. Again, why do you care exactly?? Are you a closet habs fan? or disgruntled leafs fan!

Id have to say a disgrunted Habs fan. What I said we need players that grew up in the Western Hocky or American league. Meaning Bigger, Tougher NORTH AMERICAN players. Oh sure you have your Token tough grinders in the OHL or Quebec Major Junior League. I will spell this out, TOO MANY european players on the Canadians to win the cup. For that matter, rough out at least 6 games with a Western team. Now before anyone calls me a Racist, I did not say exterminate all european players. Canadians can keep a token Markov or Kovelev, but more than half the team, and not one super scorer, or Iginla, Yzerman, Sakic, Brindamour Captain? Like I said, enjoy it now, because I dont think the Habs have a Cup chance. Not for years unless they trade for the future and now is the time when their small, non grinders are doing OK.

Edited by holdfast

I know its been a while since I posted,but I heard enough from all the Leafs and Ottawa fans. but this is what they predicted as the start of the year!!

So, where ever we finish, its ALL GRAVY!!!!!

Eastern Conference:

1. New York Rangers

2. Ottawa Senators

3. Carolina Hurricanes

4. Pittsburgh Penguins

5. Buffalo Sabres

6. Philadelphia Flyers

7. Washington Capitals

8. New Jersey Devils

----------------------------

9. Toronto Maple Leafs

10. Florida Panthers