Family Day

Sandbag

My wife, daughter and I headed into Toronto to the ROM. The line-up was unbelievable so we left there and drove to Niagara Falls.

We hit the Aviary and took in the sights and sounds of Clifton Hill for a few hours.

Topped it all off with a feed of wings and pizza at a local favorite.

Great day spending time with my family.

Cheers

Craig

Woke up and went trib fishing with my wife at first light. Nothing was going on, so we had a nice breakfast at a local greasy spoon. Came home around 10:00am and then made some crafts with my 5 year old daughter until lunch. Here's our handiwork...thank goodness for the internet and ideas...LOL.

crafts.jpg

After lunch my 5 yr old and I went to a local convenience store to get some things for baking cookies. We made a few dozen chocolate chip cookies together....I overcooked them, but what do you want...it was the first time I ever made them....and I took instructions from a 5 yr old.....haha.

cookies.jpg

We also made an impression of her little hand....been meaning to do this for years and today seemed as good a day as any to accomplish this....

hand.jpg

We then rented a few movies and ate dinner in front of the TV and let her stay up 1/2 hour later than her usual bedtime....here's a pic of us at the end of her day.....

dadsyd.jpg

Now comes the fun part....clean up.....tomorrow I get to go to work so I can relax....phew!!!

Took the girl to a sweet log cabin resort in Jasper for the night.

Couldnt beat the sunny weather with that balmy 5 degree temp :thumbsup_anim:

Couldnt believe some of the pics turned out the way they did after shooting behind

a filthy windshield

jasper.JPG

Edited by KyleM

Woke up and went trib fishing with my wife at first light. Nothing was going on, so we had a nice breakfast at a local greasy spoon. Came home around 10:00am and then made some crafts with my 5 year old daughter until lunch. Here's our handiwork...thank goodness for the internet and ideas...LOL.

crafts.jpg

After lunch my 5 yr old and I went to a local convenience store to get some things for baking cookies. We made a few dozen chocolate chip cookies together....I overcooked them, but what do you want...it was the first time I ever made them....and I took instructions from a 5 yr old.....haha.

cookies.jpg

We also made an impression of her little hand....been meaning to do this for years and today seemed as good a day as any to accomplish this....

hand.jpg

We then rented a few movies and ate dinner in front of the TV and let her stay up 1/2 hour later than her usual bedtime....here's a pic of us at the end of her day.....

dadsyd.jpg

Now comes the fun part....clean up.....tomorrow I get to go to work so I can relax....phew!!!

Can't think of a better way to spend family day. Making memories that will last for years to come. Your daughter will not soon forget I'm sure.

Edited by huey graphite

Don't have family anywhere in southern ontario so after the cabin feaver started to set in I made a quick run up to Gilford:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw-wsnbIHQQ&rel=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw-wsnbIHQQ&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw-wsnbIHQQ&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

-woke up early sunday due to cat meowing in heat. (anyone wanna fix her? lol)

-heard water dripping and noticed my ceiling was blistering and dripping

-checked out the roof, 3" ice dam holding back a lake

-home depot for supplies - $450

-monday 7am to 3pm to remove everything down to plywood

-new plywood, waterproof membrane, tar, smooth roof

due to this i missed brunch with my grandparents and dinner out with the girlfriend.

there was 5 layers of shingles on a very low pitched roof (1:12). nothing at all between the first shingles and the 3/8" plywood! yes, 3/8" standard ply non t&g...

Took the girl to a sweet log cabin resort in Jasper for the night.

Couldnt beat the sunny weather with that balmy 5 degree temp :thumbsup_anim:

Couldnt believe some of the pics turned out the way they did after shooting behind

a filthy windshield

I don't think you could ever get a bad picture there? I lived in Jasper for 10 years, awsome town to live in.

You picked a great place to take your wife. Nice pic of Mt. Robson!!!