Cell phone ice fishing

snag

The phone might still work if it was dried out before being turned back on, and if any water residue didn't have any minerals that shorted out part of the circuit board....

I know a woman who was paiting dropped her phone into the paint, so she took it out. Removed all the skins washed everything with distilled water dried it with her hair dryer left it apart to keep drying for a day. It still works even the camera part. Somedays it pays to be lucky rather than good I guess.

My son put his phone through the washer and dryer (by accident) and it worked for a few days then quit.

Don't waste your money on the Extended Service Program if you are prone to accidentally dipping your phone since water damage is not covered. All phones now have moisture indicator tape in various locations on the phone and battery.

Cool video!

thankfully I have yet to drop mine down a hole ice fishing but I have dropped it in the river and in a pond where I was wading, and I missed my pocket lol... Worked after I dried it out but got stuck on CarKit mode... short circuited it a few times and it worked, for another year, and I got an upgrade!

douG, are you serious about putting a cell phone in a microwave? I put a jar in the microwave last week that had a tiny bit of foil still on the rim and you wouldn't believe the light show and noise. Wouldn't the metal in the cell phone cause the same thing?