poacher gets provincial deer-count contract

kickingfrog

I would think that there would be a clause in there to protect from this happening? It's kind of like letting a pedophile be the leader of a kids summer camp.

Given the benifit of doubt, yes he may have realized and paid for his mistake. But he should have those privlages removed for life. The penalties don't out do the crime so they just keep commiting.

The word 'kickback" immediatly springs to mind here. According to their logic if a convicted bank robber bids on a contract to assess the security of banks and his is the lowest bid, he would get the contract. kind of sounds like having a fox to guard the hen house. Now this guy can do whatever he pleases and his excuse is "I'm only trying to do the job I have been contracted to do! What a farce!

Wow. Can't say i'm too surprised tho. Who would have thought that situation would have ever come up?

As far as the Law is concerned he has "paid his dept" THAT little idea is one of the major problems i have with the justice system...but that's a rant for another time.

Kickin i don't mean to single you out, but the logic isn't flawed, the conclusion just isnt right.

For example:

If I see a dog and see that the dog is brown, then I find another dog and that dog is also brown, then I conclude that all dogs are brown.I have made a totally logical statement. The conclustion supports the premises. HOWEVER that conclusion is obviously incorrect.

That's our philosophy lesson for the day. Class dismissed.

-R-

Aristotle and Plato aside (I didn't realize this was a critical thinking forum, and my profs aren't on the board), I use the phrase when someone makes a wrong conclusion or uses an example that does not apply to an argument. My point was that to equate a speeder being aloud to drive after a paying a fine (not always the case) and a poacher being awarded a contract to count an animal population by a government was wrong as rong is.

... besides my dog is black??? ;)

Obviously awarding a contract based solely on "lowest price" is flawed logic. Certainly other criteria need to be included to avoid farces like this. Suppose he was to combine business with pleasure (illegally) - the taxpayer would be supporting it. Outrageous. :wallbash:

Man you should be critically thinking EVERYDAY. Philosophy isnt for the class room it should be used in your day to day life ....You should pay attention to your Prof's more (Joking)

On the up side at least you know the poacher knows what he is looking for! lolol

Seriously though, i do agree that it isn't right.

-R-

The goverment is paying this guy (good amounts of money) so he can find all the good areas to take his poacher buddies to poach animals from his helocopter , NOW I HAVE SEEN EVERYTHING !!!!!!!!!! and no one there seams to think its WRONG ?????

I wonder how much this guy's making through back door contracts... makes you think.. I person in this position has a lot of pull.. Scary!!