Dunnville Ice Report Saturday February 9th, 2008

Fishmaster

we have some die hard fishermen out there... not to mention names Sonny!!! ::) But the ice still isn't safe really, give it a couple more days guys... The marina is still safe for crappies if you need to get out there.

Will keep you updated!

Marina fishing Feb 7th

Feb8th002.jpg

Thanks Lew ..Lake Erie has been awesome the past 2 years ..this year off Port Maitland Dunnville is going to be even better ..i did over 50 charters on Lake Erie last summer and Limited Out pretty much every trip for Walleye ...looks like Lake Erie Walleye are on the rebound ..with lots of year classes from 2lbs to 12lbs witch is a good to see for years to come ..

There's a report in the latest (40th anniversary issue) of OOD about Erie walleye numbers on the rise. It says there was a large year class from the 2003 spawn & that spring 2007 was the first time the female fish from that year class spawned. Looks like good times ahead for Lake Erie walleye, which is great news for everyone.

I can't wait for the walleye to kick in agian this summer. Steve got me all set up a few years back and first outing I boated fish and was hooked in the big lake fishing since then. This summer as mentioned there is supposed to be a great year class that should make for some great fishing.

Well i gotta fish whenever i can!!! I also had a great year out on lake erie this past summer boating numerous fish from 3-11 lbs,,,what a great fishery so close to home whether it be walleye,bass ,perch rainbows,,,erie has it all,,,but it's also got the big waves to with it!! what i like about it is even if i can't get out on the lake for the day the trip is never a wash cause when the lake kicks up to much i just fish the river!!!,,,Was a great show steve!! Can ya order me some of those spin&glows? lol

Hopefully those numbers stay up.. gotta make sure people are releasing the big females in the rivers to spawn!

I do everything i can to try and tell people to C&R ..but its there right to keep fish if they want ...until there is a slot on lake erie there will never be one on the Lower Grand Rich ..and 90% of the time them 8 to 12 lb females are useless for spawning ..its your 3 to 7 lb fish that are good spawners :clapping: ..ill be back on the hard water doing ice checks 1st light -18 outside right now ... :thumbsup_anim: