maple leafs.....

Squid

Not gonna happen.

I am not a Habs fan, but the Leafs are just horrible.

Not surpised though, they never make any moves to acquire YOUTHFUL talent.

Sure the leafs were great back in the 90's when most of their players were under the age of 25.

Now, their average age must be 49, geesh.

Hopefully Fletcher will make some moves.

Then again, cant do a worse job than JFJ did.

Sorry Wayne, it's actually on the CBC, coast to coast! A rare Thursday nighter giving the entire country a taste of what it's like to be a Leaf fan! But it would be pretty funny to see the Leafs win! Could you imagine the embarrassment the Habs would feel if they actually lost the the "Loafs"!

HH

Not gonna happen.

I am not a Habs fan, but the Leafs are just horrible.

Not surpised though, they never make any moves to acquire YOUTHFUL talent.

Sure the leafs were great back in the 90's when most of their players were under the age of 25.

Now, their average age must be 49, geesh.

Hopefully Fletcher will make some moves.

Then again, cant do a worse job than JFJ did.

well, i'm definitely not going to disagree that the leafs are horrible this year, but they had a solid team in 01-02, finished 4th in the conference, but only 1 pt behind the Bruins for first place in the East. then in 03-04 (the year before the lockout) again they finished 4th in the conference and only 3 pts out of first place in the East. So, Yes, this will be the 3rd year in a row without a playoff berth, but we did have a couple respectable teams in the 2000's.

now i'm just hoping that they don't make another 8th place playoff run and come 1 or 2 points behind a playoff spot. i want a high draft pick for once. i hope they are in the 5 team lottery for the first 5 draft picks... they obviously wont win the lottery though, that would mean that they would have to win something. bahahaha

this is actually a great time to be a leaf fan...those morons down at MLSE are now finally forced to hire other people to hire a hockey man and I think their gonna land something big...FINALLY. Jimmy Rutherford or possibly Burke are coming here.. This franchise has so much money that once they dump and/or buyout the Sh*theads that JFJ acquired, their payroll will be at 30 mill!! 2 or 3 solid free agent signings, and a bunch a fresh young picks will turn this team around in 3 years..maybe less..

Optomistic you say? Just keep in mind that theirs huge pressure on those people to finally put that money to good use. The Leafs will land a top notch manager.. and they have a hell of a huge advantage over every team in the league to spend money where the cap don't shine: scouting and management

BTW, message for Habby fans - don't get to excited yet...it's a long season and the cup is awarded in 4 months, not in Feb. I think a juicy slump is on the horizon...they're playing way over their heads...did the same last year with pretty much the same team, including that rotten apple, Kovalev.

Edited by Poachers Pardise II

LEAFS WIN!!!

and for those saying that the leafs should finish dead last just to get the first pick overall... the first 5 draft picks are not based chronologically on 30, 29, 28, 27, and 26th places in the final standings... those final 5 teams are put into a lottery (picking names out of a hat essentially). so even if the leafs come dead last in the NHL this year, they could still get the 5th draft pick overall... it sucks, and i don't like that method, but it's just the way she goes!