I gonna go to BC!

HTHM

For the first time in my life I gonna be west of Ontario! If anyone has fished out in BC and has advice for me I would apreciate it.

I looked at the cost of sturgeon fishing with a guide, and it is quite a bit even for one day in the off-season. However, it is a once in a lifetime trip for me, and I want to take full advantage if I can.

So the debate is, salmon or sturgeon, or what ever else you might suggest.

Give Fred Helmer a call. He'd be in Vedder crossing, close to Chiliwack. If your lucky, he can get you onto Salmon or Steel head on the Vedder, Dolly Varden in Chilliwack Lake. Sturgeon on the Fraser, and Cutthroat on just about anybody of water. Best thing, its all within an hour of his shop, Helmers Tackle shop.

If you're going out there now, salmon are pretty much a mute point. If you're headed there in the summer or fall (fall especially) you might as well get a day of sturgeon in. They are tough little buggers that'll test your skinny girly-man biceps too.

I'm Hanz and he's Franz.

thanks for all the input! :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim: SWMBO found out what it costs to go for sturgeon and said " YOU WANT TO SPEND HOW MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :o:wallbash::wallbash: So I don't think she will be able to come along on this trip, I do not want the supervision. (That loud smack you just heard was my wife reading this over my shoulder) :stretcher::stretcher::oops:

So I may have to try for these fish on my own. *gulp* If not my brother in law is an avid salmon fisherman and would be happy to take me out I hope.

There will be a report, I promise. The date is still up in the air as I am dependant on parts ariving on site.

Edited by hometownhandyman