Afghanistan bound

daisy_girl58

Hopefully your son will be working in the Canadian Area of responsibility. If he is, and hopefully he is, I can Guarantee he and the other NATO troops will be in good hands. The Canadians are true professionals and treat other soldiers as their own. Once in Theatre he would be getting the best possible Information and training available. This Operation is going to go on for years, unless we do the cowardly thing and loose all trust and pull out. Your son, would never say no to his mission, as his uniform as ours, Carry's something that only a soldier would know. Its called Loyalty and Duty. I wish him luck and courage, and yourself, a sense of pride for him and others. Hope his tour goes fast for him and his family. Thanks. As for me Im in the process of returning to the forces from retirement (1.5 years) and joining the closest Reserve unit which will probably Infantry with the North Saskatchewan Regiment. I feel I can also help despite my age.

Lorissa,

God bless all our sons and daughters serving to protect our freedoms. Please pass on to your son that many many of us appreciate and strongly believe in what he's doing.

And our interests... lets not be naive... and there's nothing wrong with protecting OUR INTERESTS...

1. I support the troops and the war and I don't really understand the gutless doubletalk which separates the two.

2. I also thank God our nations, US and Canada, were full of people with integrity back in 1939 to fight for freedom and democracy.

Those 2 are for you Riparian.

Lorissa: God Bless your son and his family.

Edited by Kirk

God Bless and good fortune.

Afganistan was the only action I beleived in. THat bunch of lowlifes really needed to be weeded out of the genetic pool.

If you remember this was the same bunch who had Saturday stoning and hangings of non muslims in there main soccer stadium and also destroyed a number of 2000 year old Budhist statues....all before 9-11.

The world will really be a better place without this bunch! It's a good cause.

D

I've got to disagree with you Kirk...

as for supporting the war, I'm canadian born and raised, but of Serbian Descent.

The bombing of Yugoslavia/Serbia did no good for the country as a whole...

the country was torn to pieces by all sides including the US...

The presence of US/UN "peacekeepers" only prolonged the tragedy...

to this day there is still conflict and unrest in the country and it's surroundings...

is it right for the US to act like "god" and do as they please? i think not....

Somalia, Vietnam, Former Yugosalvia etc, iraq, Afghanastan, how has US intervention helped these countries?

it hasn't...

I'm not trying to start a pissing match, I don't follow politics, nor does it interest me...

Lorissa, our thoughts/prayers are with your son and all troops away from home...

Yup its our iinterest to help a country in need. Its our iinterest to do our part within an alliance. Its our interest to do a duty that the people of Canada ask of us, through our leader. Its our interest to stop, cutoff, or impede a fanatics need to kill people in the most cowardly way through explosives, bombing, beheading while tied up. Ill even go out on a limb here. All though Afghanistan has nothing to do with oil, lets just say it was, It would be our Interestto fight for oil if our so called friendly OPEC nations decided to choke us to punish us because they Don't Like us. But that's another story. Its your interest POACHERS PARADISE, to support the War and your Troops. Lets just say Canada got Invaded, it would be NATOS Interest to help us out. You may not like the word War, but you have to fight aggression with aggression. I support this war, like any other war Canada was involved. Would you believe that we have a province where 95% of the population did not support the two World Wars. Yea just think, lets say we are successful in Afghanistan, we would have another GREAT FRIEND. Sometimes when you want to hide behind your Flag, you have to sacrifice. Sorry Lorrissa, however I hate when people who have no clue whats going on, decide they are going to make a statement that smells derogatory

I've got to disagree with you Kirk...

as for supporting the war, I'm canadian born and raised, but of Serbian Descent.

The bombing of Yugoslavia/Serbia did no good for the country as a whole...

the country was torn to pieces by all sides including the US...

The presence of US/UN "peacekeepers" only prolonged the tragedy...

to this day there is still conflict and unrest in the country and it's surroundings...

is it right for the US to act like "god" and do as they please? i think not....

Somalia, Vietnam, Former Yugosalvia etc, iraq, Afghanastan, how has US intervention helped these countries?

it hasn't...

I'm not trying to start a pissing match, I don't follow politics, nor does it interest me...

Lorissa, our thoughts/prayers are with your son and all troops away from home...

You are so Wrong, the Bombing you speak of was NATO in Nature. It stopped the war. It is at relative peace now. It was the Yugoslavians themselves that decided to tear their country apart. It was they themselves that decided to destroy Vukavar and Sarajevo. Sure the UN prolonged the war. But it was the UN that stopped the Genocide for the most part. As far as the US, they became involved way late in the Civil War when they sent some troops in Macedonia where there was peace but the pot was about to explode. I would know, I spent 2 years of my life in most parts of the country. As far as I'm concerned, those people should be ashamed that they call themselves Europeans and even humans for that matter. That was the most Barbaric war since the World Wars.

Edited by holdfast

This is going downhill and fast...

God bless all our boys over there... instead of fighting amongst ourselves, channel that energy into supporting the sons, husbands, fathers etc that are living in hell with each waking breath.. that would bring positive change.

Gerritt.

You are so Wrong, the Bombing you speak of was NATO in Nature. It stopped the war. It is at relative peace now. It was the Yugoslavians themselves that decided to tear their country apart. It was they themselves that decided to destroy Vukavar and Sarajevo. Sure the UN prolonged the war. But it was the UN that stopped the Genocide for the most part. As far as the US, they became involved way late in the Civil War when they sent some troops in Macedonia where there was peace but the pot was about to explode. I would know, I spent 2 years of my life in most parts of the country. As far as I'm concerned, those people should be ashamed that they call themselves Europeans and even humans for that matter. That was the most Barbaric war since the World Wars.

You my friend, are an idiot.

I apologise to Lorissa for locking this thread but what started as a heartfelt adieu to her son is turning into an internet squabble over beliefs. Let's please just wish all of our protectors well and leave the opinions to another thread. Im sure that whether you believe in this conflict or not, you probably (hopefully) don't want any harm to come to these (kids) people who are in the trenches while we're faced with earth shattering decisions such as, should I read this thread or delete it?