fish finder??

RsX

That was one of the units I looked at during last years fishing show. The fish finder takes I think 8 D size batteries or you can remove the battery compartment where the D size batteries go and get deep cycle lead acid battery and charger from Lebarons which will last you for a longer season and many years.

dsn

Well, I have never used that one but after reading up on it, it does have some features that I really liked. A lot of it is going to depend on the type of fishing you do, if you mostly fish shallow I'd be a little concerned that a 20° transducer isn't going to give you a very big cone in shallow water but if you are just using it to find structure that probably wouldn't matter. The fact that it floats would be handy when fishing from a canoe and it wouldn't be hard to make an adapter up or get a gelcell battery for it, input voltage is 10-12 volts. The price seems quite reasonable too.

An underwater camera is a nice toy but very limited in it's uses and is very dependent on water clarity. I think you'd be better off with the fish finder.

The power packs do add a lot to the $. Check out the non portable version and make sure there not gouging you for a battery holder.

Lebaorns sells equivalent Eagle model Fishmark 320 for $190.94 and portable version is$254.94

I've only ever owned Lowrance so no first hand experience with Hummingbird. I like my Eagle and Lowrance models and service center is in Mississauga.

It's very easy to rig up a portable pack using a small plastic tote.

I've got the portable Eagle Fishmark 320 that I use in my canoe. Happy with the unit. About $20 more than what you are looking at. Runs on one 12V 7A/hr battery.

This link has the details.

http://store.bestfishfinder.com/eafi320po11.html

Forgot to mention I carry this in a soft Plano bag - with a few pockets to store miscellaneous items.

Edited by Barnie's Band of Gold

If you have your heart set on the portable Hummingbird 535 - the Canadian Tire at Bay & Dundas has 2 units in stock at $199.99 (reduced from $289). Was not a clearance item so likely price goes back up on Friday.

yea i seen it at cdn tire for 199 and iam looking for a fish fidner for my canoe that's why i never used a fish finder in my life so iam new to all this just want it for structure , depth and temp mainly

Eagle Cuda 168 portable is a nice little unit if you want good bang for the buck.

Radioworld has it for $109 ($150 or so at Cdn Tire and Bass Pro) and it takes 8 AA batteries, is very small and light. Would do the job for depth, temp, structure in a canoe.

Eagle Cuda 168 portable is a nice little unit if you want good bang for the buck.

Radioworld has it for $109 ($150 or so at Cdn Tire and Bass Pro) and it takes 8 AA batteries, is very small and light. Would do the job for depth, temp, structure in a canoe.

The Eagle Cuda 168 would certainly do the job except provides much less screen resolution. And cost of ownership using AA batteries would exceed the small up front premium of the Eagle FishMark 320 or Hummingbird 535.

Spend a bit more now and save a later upgrade to a higher resolution unit later. My opinion, YMMV.

Cheers..