paypal rant

aniceguy

Bought quite a few things from ebay, but never could understand the utter delay with paypal. In todays financial climate banking transactions and clearing centers push the transactions through a fairly quick pace ( a cheque written today in toronto deposited today in toronto at 10 am is usually cleared by 5 that night. Pay pal takes the money out of my account, sits with it for a 7 days and then the deposit is made into a sellers acct...What gives with this

Email sent to paypal a while back and still no response.

Anyone shed some light on this one?

Not sure what you have going on Louis...I've used Paypal for the last 6 years. Have shuffled about $3000 in and out the last three weeks selling aircraft parts that are surplus to my needs and using the money to buy...what else... fishing tackle ! Transactions are instant.

Not sure what you have going on Louis...I've used Paypal for the last 6 years. Have shuffled about $3000 in and out the last three weeks selling aircraft parts that are surplus to my needs and using the money to buy...what else... fishing tackle ! Transactions are instant.

only if you use a credit card Wayne. You have the option to transfer funds between your bank account and paypal account, and that takes days. Don't understand it either.

only if you use a credit card Wayne. You have the option to transfer funds between your bank account and paypal account, and that takes days. Don't understand it either.

Okay thanks Raf.... I never use a bank account. I sell enough stuff and pay via the balance I keep there 'till I run out and have to use my credit card. Yah they get to make interest on my money..but using a bank account lets CRA have instant access to how much you're selling a year! :unsure:B)

I buy stuff on ebay with paypal all the time. I have it setup with my bank account and my credit card as well. I initally had it setup with just my bank account. It took about a week or so to initially put some money from my bank account into my paypal account. I then used that money to purchase things off ebay. I since setup my credit card to my paypal account. I did this because I don't like putting money into my paypal account from my bank account and just leaving it there til I need it. Otherwise, you have to wait for Paypal to take it out of your bank account for you when you need it. The way I have it now the money comes out of my credit card instantly when I make a purchase. For example. If I have 200$ from my bank account put into my paypal account and then make a 180$ purchase online, that leaves me with 20$ in the account. Now, If I go on ebay and win an auction that costs me 100$, Paypal will take the last 20$ from my account and instantly take 80$ from my credit card and its a done deal leaving me with an empty account. Using your credit card is much easier and requires no shuffling of funds.

Heh .. I had noticed a similar problem shortly after getting 'validated' for auto-withdrawal (which was suposed to be so much better) instead of credit card ... anyhow I was considering turning off the bank account thing .. except there are some sellers who prefer the bank thingy -because its confirmed - even if its not always instant (apparantly it also depends on THEIR bank/currency/clearing)