In need of some help

motv8tr

Good morning all, last year a butcher in Lindsay I believe gave us 150 sausages at his cost...100.00, not a bad deal at all. I believe three members of the board contibuted to their purchase. This year I'm looking for some help in getting those sausages again....they were very popular, and very tasty :D While I will try to get confirmation on the price, is anyone willing and able to help pay for them???

Thanks

Maureen

Edited by motv8tr

I talked with Len and Patty Thurston today (the butcher shop that helped us out last year) and they are pleased to help us again this year, they are a small shop so they can't afford to just donate it to us but will give us what ever we need at their cost. Anyone that had one will tell you how good they were.

I asked them for 50 honey Garlic and 50 Italian saussages and they will call me tomorrow when they have worked everything out. Last year we got about 140 saussages and had some left over which we auctioned off so nothing got wasted. This year I figured if we went short on them everyone would be willing to pay more just to get one LOL (not really, just don't want to get more than we need.)

Anyway, I should know more tomorrow and will post then.

The generosity of the members of OFC never ceases to amaze me. let me find out what the sausages are going to cost us and I'll post it on here. I suspect it will be less than the $100.00 but wait until I have the final numbers in. Any money goes directly through Moe as she is the coordinator. I am also going to try to see if we can get some nice big saussage buns donated from the local bakery, I'll be talking to them tomorrow!

Mo.. Got off the Phone today with Weston Bakeries.. Spoke with my contact.. Sent the letter over by Fax... Called her back... Weston Bakeries is Suppling 100 Sausage Buns & 50 Buns for the Chicken :clapping::thumbsup_anim:

I will continue to purchase my Bakery Products for their Support

Thank you Weston Bakeries :worthy:

Hey Tony, I thought I sent you a PM about that. Yes I'd still like the chicken, I can make use of what doesn't get eaten at the event, and I think I found a way to keep it from getting too dry :D i hope ;)

Thanks,

Maureen

Ok, I'll look into it...I think the problem last year was that they remained on heat the whole day. It is better to just heat them as they are requested, shouldn't take too long on a hot grill since they are already completely cooked.

Ok, just heard back from the butcher shop and they will supply us with the saussages at cost again this year. We are only getting 100, 50 honey garlic and 50 Italian as we had some left over last year. Cost is $60.00 including tax.

Hope this helps.

Cliff