BOQ - Soft Water Fishing - Jan 17/08

superdad

Laker John and I thought we had the place all to our selves this morning as we dragged his boat out of storage and headed to Hay Bay to pick up my stuff and travel over to launch to have a fish on Adolphus Reach.

We were filled with optimism and joked as we drove over to the ferry. After we turned on Rte 133 from Rte 8, our optimism was put to the test.

All we could see was a skim of ice covering the whole Reach, from the North side to the County side. We could read the handwriting on the water.......

Here's what we saw at the Ferry Launch.

0117A_AdolphusFerryRamp.jpg

and another;

0117B_AdolpusFerryRamp.jpg

We thought that we would be able to put the boat in the water at Finkles Park in Bath and headed along the Parkway. As we neared the generating station, there was ice along the shore but lots of open water and with the Generating Station making power, we thought the warm water outlet would be accessible from Bath.

The strong South-east winds were blowing the WHite-Caps and the big rollers hitting the shore made it obvious that the water was too rough to attempt a fishing expedition.

Headed back to Hay Bay and we just had to look and see the Shermans Pt Launch Ramp (just in case something would be available).

Our thoughts were dashed when we walked down the ramp to the waters edge. We did see some trailer tracks from yesterday that had launched beside the cement pad.

0117C_ShermansPtRamp.jpg

You can see the track that was made thru the ice yesterday - wonder if they got anything??????

0117D_ShermansPathofDestruction.jpg

We drove back and put away the soft-water gear and insured the ice rods were all set for the next trip to Hay Bay.

Hopefully, the cold will continue and the ice will reform and we'll be back out there sooner than later.

Stay Tuned.

Thanks david,for the soft & hard water report !!!!. :canadian: ..well it looks like it was one of those YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN HERE YESTERDAY !!!!! days. :w00t::lol: .LOL..LOL.. well its good to see the bay is freezing up again,and this weekends much colder temps should tighten things up . :clapping: .so maybe in a week or so the bay might be ready hopefully as theres a few of us heading down there on the second weekend in febuary....talk to you soon cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Thanks david,for the soft & hard water report !!!!. :canadian: ..well it looks like it was one of those YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN HERE YESTERDAY !!!!! days. :w00t::lol: .LOL..LOL..Nice pics of all those locations too, well its good to see the bay is freezing up again,and this weekends much colder temps should tighten things up . :clapping: .so maybe in a week or so the bay might be ready hopefully as theres a few of us heading down there on the second weekend in febuary....talk to you soon cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Sorry to hear you didn't get on the water. You should have come down this way. There is no ice. I was out in the boat on Sunday. Albiet a short journey. I had water coming over the bow as I was drifting. From shore it didn't look that bad, but out on the water was nasty. I spent about an hour fighting the wind and waves. No fish were caught, but I did mark lots. I was determined to bring some dinner home, but mother nature didn't let me.