Sirius or XM sat

2 tone z71

I have sirius...you can get a fm interuptor (think thats what it is called) $20 in the US and $29.99 in canada at best buy....just follow the instructions...very easy, no static anymore. I have had my sirius for over 2 years, would never go back!

I think my Sirius unit might be a little different.. I dont have an add on dash unit... I have a Sirius box that plugs directly into my Pioneer head unit... I control everything from my Pioneer Head unit. Therefor having the Sirus unit take a digital signal and then broadcasting it to an FM frequency is not required...

If your head unit supports it get the directwire unit.. FM modulation take a significant blow out of the sound quality...

G

i have xm, and the reason i got it was the 24hr led z channel, fantastic satelliete no issues with reception yet neither. Alot of rock and alot of news. The only thing is i dont get nfl and sirius u do, xm has the nhl and mlba and basketball, i think they do nascar as well. Either way i say if u like howard stern go with sirius if u like oppie and anthony go with xm.

I have XM and it is great. If you like Nascar it was with XM and is now exclusively on Sirius, I have been told that the sports are better on Sirius as well but I have a friend who sells both at his shop and he says that XM by far has the better reception. Also as to Gerritts reply, even if you buy a stand alone unit( I have the MIFI ) so you can use it in the house, car, boat etc. and you are using an after market head unit you can buy an adapter that direct wires to the head unit. In remote areas FM modulation is no problem, but don't try it just off shore in Toronto it can be a pain in the a__. The adapter is fairly inexpensive. Also check the difference between channels on the one you choose if you sign up in Canada or in the US. There was quite a big difference at one time, the CRTC would not allow a lot of channels. I signed up in the US because of this.

The Weather Network is also on Sirius

Nothing beats being able to listen to my Nascar race during a tournament on a Sunday.

Lord help me.

I just got mine at Xmas and I'm quite impressed but need to direct plug it to my radio to eliminate the static at times ... near city buses is hell... blanks out the signal totally.

Sirius

Monthly 14.99

Lifetime was just about 560:00 if I remember correctly and you can upgrade from your monthly to the lifetime at anytime you want. They also offer annual rates but I don't remember the amount.

I'm 50... teflon brain syndrome... nothing sticks for long. :whistling:

Hey Darryl,

The wife just got me a new Stiletto for Christmas. Its a Portable Sirius unit. It really is pretty sweet. I've got it hooked up in the car and at home, I just plug it into the dock. The best part about this is I can bring it on the river or in the boat as a portable unit and still get live satellite radio (small antenna in the headphones). It's about the size of an Ipod and is truly the state of the art in satellite. The only draw back is the cost. I'll bring it up and show you soon. Take Care.

Tim

i've had sirius for 3 years, and think it's one of the best things since sliced bread, our "normal" radio around here just sucks, same songs on a loop over n over n over, wish it had more NHL games though, it has some but not enough, my favorite channels are Alt. Nation and Octane and for talk radio i like Maxim radio