scugog is it safe?

cplummer

DON'T GO! check out the posts on the board "BOG WARNING" it was dangerous before yesterday but with all that rain and wind we had yesterday going out there for a few fish would not be a smart choice, conditions can only have gotten worse. Be paitent, temperatures should be returning to normal or a little below normal in the next few days. I'd still give it about a week for things to firm up though, there are going to be some big holes through the existing ice that will take a while to re freeze and 2" of ice over a big hole is still only 2" of ice.

I'm not sure I'd head out there today. Yesterday it looked really bad. There were a couple huts that I could only see the roofs of......and lots that were blown around too.

I was out on tuesday, and most 8" auger holes were more like 18" holes.......the ice has broken from shore, and the pressure cracks are not looking good.

IMO, I'd wait a couple days for it to get a bit harder. On tuesday, we had around 6" of black ice left, with lots of water on top......and that was before all the rain. Use your better judgement.......I'm not heading out until Friday, and I know the lake very well.

Sinker

Edited by Sinker

Nope

++++++++++++=

Checked again yesterday evening,

There are now open spots, random, where there was not huts or holes drilled, seems a little odd, but there is open water not the less, stay clear.

That being said there was some guy who had parked a silver car and walked out, avoiding the open areas, and stayed upright in spite of the wind. Was fishing in about 6 ft of water. I checked after dark to see that his car had left, and it did, I guess he made it back.

Entropy

+++++++++=

Yes i also heard this morning that it was very unsafe and that there was open water in several spots that they could see from shore !!!!...so that means there will be lots more that they cant see...sowith all that rain comming tonight,its not gonna be good at all.it just might finish the ice thats lefti hope people use their common sense this weekend,or more people will drown !!!!...here we go again :mellow::dunno::wallbash:

yeah we went on a sound advice.. headed to gorskie's .. the ice was firmed up and 8"

the shore is tough but the ice is fine!!!!! lots of guys out there as well.. maybe 60 or so tonight..

4 of us went .. ended up with 5 eyes and 3 huge crappie all caught after dark...

just gotta watch where the old huts were and thats the only unsafe spots...

to me 8" solid ice is fine and there were skidoos and quads out there as well..