NASCAR fantasy pool

danc

Hello to all of you OFC Nascar fans. I've created a group for us to test our skill at picking this years winning drivers.

The main Yahoo Sports Fantasy Auto Racing page can be found HERE

Once there, sign in and create your identity. Then do a group search for group ID# 1665. Join the group with the password "hookontario".

Those of us that were in it last year had fun. You don't have to be a big NASCAR fan to join in the fun. It only takes a few minutes per week to pick your drivers. You can join at any time but remember that the first race of the year is February 17th. So joining before then would be an asset.

See you there!!!

Dan

• 1 month later...

Last bump to get in before the Daytona 500 tomorrow. We've got about 25 or 30 entrants this year so far. Should be fun. Of course you could always join after the 500, but that would be a big disadvantage. See you there..

I'm slightly confused about the end of this year's race... in fact I'm still shaking my head after the end of last year's race.

In my humble opinion... Nascar is losing control of the racing. Am I the only one who noticed Kyle Bush go below the yellow line to pass Burton? He never relinquished the position back and yet he wasn't black flagged. He wasn't forced down there either so don' try that arguement with this guy. I have been watching and enjoying Nascar for damn near thirty years... so I know the sport.

Last year Mark Martin lost the race to Harvick and in my opinion that was wrong ... they were wrecking all over the track behind Martin and Harvick long before Harvick passed Martin and Nascar should have thrown the Yellow flag when the wreck started... when Martin still had the lead.

It is very obvious to me that Nascar says a lot but... does very little to enforce it's own rules. This is one fan that is losing interest in the sport due to poor officiating and perhaps this is one of the main reasons that fewer and fewer fans are paying for the seats in the stands anymore. Hey Nascar it isn't the music that is scaring the fans away... it's your lack of backbone in enforcing the rules of the track.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it was a tough race for the Dale Jr. fans. Too bad about that water seepage thing.

All in all it was a good race once things got going on Monday.

Off we go to Vegas... this should be another good race.... can't wait to see the new car at Bristol again.

Wow that's for sure Joe. Roush has some good cars though. Jimmy sure didn't have it today, unusual for him. Hard licks by Tony and Jeff into the walls. Thought Jeff may have gotten hurt bad in his collision. Did you see the interview with Tony after his crash? Definitely messed his marbles.

Indeed two very hard hits.....especially Jeff. He even said he had never hit that hard. I only saw an on-board view of Tony's hit but it looked pretty hard too....and I saw him limping away.....there is a lot to be said for the COT......I think had they been in last years cars they may not have been so lucky. Excellent race though. Even better since my boy won!! Go Carl!!!

ßill

Good race but I'm not too happy about the call on Carl's tire getting loose on the last pit stop.

Nascar is always changing the rules... every race this year has been some crazy decision they have made.

The tire got away from the crew... you should get penalized that's all open and shut.

Sure the TV guy was in the way... well that too is your job to clear your pit when the cars are coming in.

Stupid call once again changed the outcome of the race.