WARNING graphic pics

danbo

Ya, I figure the link has some "shock value" for those that need a nudge..

I'm no preacher, smoked 1.5 packs/day before I quit years back.

I used the "patch" for 3 days & was able to stop the craving.

Darn, if I didn't find the Cookie jar instead!! :whistling:

Very nice... I'm sure we can find graphic pictures of the detriments of pretty much anything... Is there a point to posting this on a fishing site? There are extreme cases of anything... I am sure I can find pics of people in great health who have smoked for years. I am also sure I can find pics of people that are simular to those you posted who have not smoked or done anything that may be adverse to their health.

I understand people who have quit smoking usually have a larger head as they are obviously better than those of us who still do smoke. Do I need you to express your ego to me by showing me pics like this... not really.

Think eating enough fish from our clean waters will do less damage than this if you eat enough of it? Post some pics of that and tell people that if you eat fish you will suffer a simular fate.

cd.

I am sure I can find pics of people in great health who have smoked for years. I am also sure I can find pics of people that are simular to those you posted who have not smoked or done anything that may be adverse to their health.

When I read this, I knew the poster was a smoker.

For every smokers in "great" health, there is probably a thousand who are suffering from the crippling and chronic side-effects of smoking. Not all are dying or dead, but most everyone who's smoked for any period of time will most definately not be in "great" health.

I hate smoking - it'll kill you dead.

PS. I smoke. Hopefully one day I will quit.

I think it is a great post....especially the timing...NEW YEARS....quiting smoking is one of the bigger resolutions and if this post could help even just one person it served its purpose, forget about negative posts, always some guy out there that gets bitter at anything. Good on ya Danbo. I posted once about how annoying it is when smokers just throw there cig butts anywhere they want to , a smoker jumped all over my back and said its his right to throw it where he wants...but this guy was the first to complain about garbage in his fishing spot. You can never amke everyone happy, but you made me happy with this post, and I hope a hundred people quit smoking from seeing these images because if you guys quit it not only lengthens your life but also the life of a non smoker who doesn't have to breath in that crap you smoke. THANKS DANBO!!!!

Well I hope everyone stops driving, because people die in car accidents. I hope people stop boating and swimming because people drown. I hope people stop flying in planes because planes crash. I hope people stop drinking, because alcohol can kill you. For everyone who thinks they should tell me how to live my life, whatever dude, I don't tell you what to do right?

If I want to hear about what smoking may or may not do to me, I will google it.

If people want to quit smoking, they have the means to find a way. charlied... I think you should stop driving because your car pollutes the air just as much as my cigarettes do.

Well I hope everyone stops driving, because people die in car accidents. I hope people stop boating and swimming because people drown. I hope people stop flying in planes because planes crash. I hope people stop drinking, because alcohol can kill you. For everyone who thinks they should tell me how to live my life, whatever dude, I don't tell you what to do right?

If I want to hear about what smoking may or may not do to me, I will google it.

If people want to quit smoking, they have the means to find a way. charlied... I think you should stop driving because your car pollutes the air just as much as my cigarettes do.

Praise the Lord! Hallelujah!!!... pass me the lighter! ;)

The bottom line is that smokers and obese people are a disproportionate drain on the health care systems in both of our countries.I have no problem with people doing either,it just sort of sucks for people who make better health decisions.Maybe overweight and smokers should have to pay a higher health care premium like with life insurance companies.

Joe

The bottom line is that smokers and obese people are a disproportionate drain on the health care systems in both of our countries.I have no problem with people doing either,it just sort of sucks for people who make better health decisions.Maybe overweight and smokers should have to pay a higher health care premium like with life insurance companies.

Joe

Do we have to get into the whole people who play sports, people who live dangerously like skydivers? How about hikers who get stuck in the woods? How about alcoholics who need liver transplants and dialisys?

Basically anyone who does anything more than breathe should pay higher tax's right? Guess what, up here, in Ontario we pay huge amounts of tax on tobacco and alcohol, is that enough for you?

Why don't we start putting a health tax at any type of sports venue. Up here we are installing portable defrib's at all ice rinks and some in schools and such. Maybe we should have a $10 health tax each time someone enters a venue to play a sport...

Seems like pretty much everybody, healthy or not is at risk of developing something that will require medical care. It also seems like we all pay lots of tax's up here.

Do we have to get into the whole people who play sports, people who live dangerously like skydivers? How about hikers who get stuck in the woods? How about alcoholics who need liver transplants and dialisys?

Basically anyone who does anything more than breathe should pay higher tax's right? Guess what, up here, in Ontario we pay huge amounts of tax on tobacco and alcohol, is that enough for you?

Why don't we start putting a health tax at any type of sports venue. Up here we are installing portable defrib's at all ice rinks and some in schools and such. Maybe we should have a $10 health tax each time someone enters a venue to play a sport...

Seems like pretty much everybody, healthy or not is at risk of developing something that will require medical care. It also seems like we all pay lots of tax's up here.

I would say that sports injuries are much less of a drag on the health care system than fat smokers.Skydivers dont cost healtcare systems much at all,they make thier own hole to bury them in!Down here if they have to make a water rescue or cliff rescue you will get a bill for it!I would say that maybe alcoholics should not be given the option for a liver transplant if they choose to ruin their own liver unless they can pay for a new one.Maybe the alcohol and tobacco tax could be lowered if the individual who chooses to use those products would take resposibility for their health choices and pay for the extra services they may need.If they have no ill effects from the alcohol or tobacco then they would not have to pay and their smokes and booze would be cheaper!Just have the ones that get sick from their choices pay for the services.The defribs are a great idea and saves money downstream from long term damage due to delayed medical treatment.We have one that we payed for in my church,not a lot of sports stuff going on there. It is true that most people will develope something that will require medical attention.Imagine how many less would need care if they lost weight,drank less and didn't smoke!

In the interest of full disclosure.I smoked for many years,still drink and am 6 ft tall and weigh 183 lbs.I also will say that Corey and I get along just fine and have spent many evenings in chat discussing lots of stuff from hunting to the war in Iraq.

Joe

According to my SMOB-ometer ... its 12,253 butts that I havent littered over the past 10 months and 8 days .... still got 11 packs on top of my stove though ... just to remind me who I really am ... :)

Now ... just gotta get back down to 185 .... but that I think I can do :)

Edited by camillj

My favorite are the body mass indicators.

It indicates the I'm over weight.

Today while working, came across 4 1.7/8 bolts that some one was to lazy to anti seize.

6 feet of pipe and some heat, no problem.

O yeah. Bent the pipe. It was 3/8Th's walled.

I bent it lifting up!!!

Who are the people that make this stuff up. :blahblah1:

Of course we all get along... my 2 points here are a. Is a fishing related website really the place to preach non-smoking by use of shocking pictures of a very rare extreme result of smoking? b. Tobacco and alcohol in Ontario are taxed like no other product. When we are paying $70-80 for a carton of cigarettes that the natives sell for $8, tell me that we aren't already paying more tax's.

What I dislike more than anything though, are people who used to smoke, who portray the attitude that they are better than people who smoke because they were able to quit. I smoke and I don't want to quit. There is nothing that makes an ex-smoker better than me. I do what I choose, I am educated to the possible downfalls of what I choose to do, now flip off and let me live my life. I don't need someone who feels they have bettered themselves by quitting trying to shame/guilt/scare me into quitting.

Like I said... if I want to see that stuff, or hear about that stuff I will google it.

corey i understand your frustration with non smokers giving you a hard time. its your choice not anyone elses. used to drive me crazy too.

however you being upset about this being a fishing board and the post not related to fishing. this time of year majority of posts are non fishing and danbo clearly stated warning graphic pics and smoking related. if you dont want to read the non fishing related treads then dont read them. i personally have learned alot of things from peoples topics on this board that had nothng to do with fishing at all. and many memebrs here enjoy the nf posts because they find it entertaining.

Hope you have a great weekend! and just think in about 4 months soft water season will be here and all the nf posts will be put to bed for the fishing reports until this time next year lol where im sure we will do this non fishing vs fishing related topics all over again.

Cheers!

According to my SMOB-ometer ... its 12,253 butts that I havent littered over the past 10 months and 8 days .... still got 11 packs on top of my stove though ... just to remind me who I really am ... :)

Now ... just gotta get back down to 185 .... but that I think I can do :)

If you'll go ahead and fire up those 11 packs, you'll be back down to 185 in no time! :thumbsup_anim: