Fish Finders...

Gerritt

most of the time an internal is as good as an external

because people don't or can't put the puck in a really good spot

but if you have a clear high spot on your boat the external can/will make a difference

looks like a good unit

you will need to add maps

Guest gbfisher

Some external pucks need power. Not really a big deal. My old 104c did not require power. Units after that did. Who knows. They change so fast. My 104c was discontinued a year after I bought it. No BUYERS REMORSE HERE.... :lol::thumbsup_anim:

Looks like a very good deal. Says NEW! :dunno:

Hrm.... looks like this may be a scam....

Dude is in Romania... but shipping out of the USA... Romania is renown for scamming through EBay... I think I might have to bow out...

here is what I got from him...

Hi there,

Thank you for your e-mail!

You can have 1 unit for $350 USD.

I am in Romania, right now in a trip...(item will be shipped from USA). I'll be here for a while so if you want to do this it must happen through eBay.

I will ship the unit within 24 hours from the payment using the UPS Air Services so that you may receive the unit in less than 72 hours.

If you're ready for this purchase, I need to know your :

eBay ID :....

Full Name :.....

Shipping Address: (Address, City, State, Zip, Country)

As soon as I have them I'll start the official procedure, and eBay will notify you about this. You'll also receive important guidelines + instructions from them.

I'll handle the shipping, so this will be free of charge for you.

Also, a refund policy will be included. Refund policy means that if the item is not in satisfactory condition as I explained you, I will issue refund.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

I am dealing only through eBay!!!

Thank you for understanding & Happy New Year !

any experianced Ebay'rs care to comment on your thoughts??

G

Edited by Gerritt

It's only my personal opinion Gerritt, but for big ticket items like your looking at, I've always preferred going to a reputable dealer like Radioworld or something similar and purchasing from them, rather than chancing a sale from some stranger like your considering, who may be in Romania, or maybe the States, or wherever.

You'll know your dealing with folks who have a great reputation for service and will stand behind their product, and if it's busted right outta the box, you'll just return it for another.

You may pay a bit more going my route, but at least you'll know your satisfaction is guaranteed with whatever you buy.

I know alot of folks swear by Ebay deals and maybe I'm just old fashioned, but that's the way I look at things. :dunno:

Good luck with whatever you decide though, bud.

First instinct says "scam!"

How does he want the payment to be made?

How long before he ships it?

hi sfeedback? (maybe its a stolen account)

forrest

So far through Paypal... says they will ship within 24 hours... the other bidders are names A***7, N***7 and P***7 etc....

I think this may be a scam...

Lew your right.... but @ the price advertised... well it was too hard to pass up! I think I will retract my bid.

Gerritt.

This is a scam. I had one of the guys other auctions pulled.....same last bidder. Same auction look and its through a gmail account, just like ht fraudulent one. I bet the guy wants to ship after the paypal gaurantee or by western union.

forrest

Edited by forrest

Here is a link to some of the other aliases of this seller:

http://s231.photobucket.com/albums/ee172/muresbogdan/

anything look familiar?

One other thing this guy does is post a picture of the item and all its details on an external site. Then he can swap out the description at a later date by simply replacing the photo that he has complete control over.

He asked me to send payment via Western Union.

forrest

PS...I edit my posts too much...I know.

Edited by forrest

• 4 months later...
The Humminbird side finder looks interesting. Anyone use one of those??

The 3D imaging of the bottom works well if you are looking for structure at trolling speed.

I have last years 997c SI model, paid huge bucks for it and even more for the platinum maps. Amazingly the maps only work in the great lakes and Lake of the Woods. I believe it helped my fish spotting in general. The newer 1197c SI has a larger screen but other than that I am not real sure if it has that many more features. Some of the accessories I own are the barometer and Remote sonar green thingie with the antenna for spotting fish where the boat cannot go. The speed and water temp sensor never seemed to have worked properly yet. The cartography on the chart plotter can be off at times but can be adjusted as needed. There is a 3D option for looking at the contour of the lake when trolling. The Hummiongbird has the option of adding up to 6 high end DT/HS cannon downriggers to it and the ability to control the motion of the electric downriggers from the hummingbird. Some day I may buy the downriggers compatible with the system.

I recommend considering the humming bird brand, but I also think the other folks in this forum may know of better brands.

Good luck with your purchase