Carp Fer X-Mas

Clampet

HF, I have eaten Tilapia, not bad as far as fish go, spam is preferable. LOL whatever that comes from!

I have seen them netting carp and buffalo here in Lake Erie, LOL tons of them. Actually talked to the guys doing it, didn`t think to buy them a 12 pack. They clean and smoke them and ship them to New York city, LOL along with the lead and mercury they contain?

Dang Hoovers! Fun to catch though, but not on purpose! :clapping:

I bought a piece of smoked carp at a fish shop once...it looked pretty good through the glass case...but when I got home and had a sniff and a better look, I couldn't bring myself to even taste it.

Even the "lab test" was negative. (my black lab retriever)

im east european, and when lived in europe i ate carp at leat 2-3 times a month.

you guys are funny when you say carp are not good to eat; a clean carp from clean water can be a good and tasty meal. 99% of you eat roided mcdonals meat, you think its good for you ??? believe it or not i never been to mcdonals or ate any other oil fried stuff, i live a healthy life style never had problems with my health. you just have to know how to prepare and cook them.

as the fishing goes, those that dont fish carp have no clue what you are missing, more times big carp can be stronger than salmon, it gives fight to the last breathe, and doest die on shore. in europe carp fishing is the most popular fishing. when i first found this board, there was very little info about carp fishing, and look how many anglers put their bass rods in the corner and targeted carp this summer with great results. my respect to them. 8lbs bass cant even be compared to the 20 lbs and over carp.

Edited by drwxr