the snow is coming

ketchenany

I 've had my blower for the last 18 years; well-kept/maintenace/stored etc. {Sears model 4 hp/21" /1989}

When we had our last snow fall it started fine (although I used old gas to start it and found a cracked hose which I replaced) and after it ran for a few minutes it would quit; and always when I put it in gear or try to move it it stalls. Bad gas !!!!!

This morning I drained all of the gas and put in fresh gas ran great for a while and then it did the same thing!!!

I can udjust the air/gas flow under the carb with no problem and runs great, but then it acts up again. I haven't changed the plug; belt is all fine; goes into gear with no problems etc.

any hints what it could be. Love this thing my buddy for 18 years!

Thanks in advance

A

Dirt in/dirty carburator, if you are mechanically inclined, you can get basic rebuild kits from a small engine shop in your area. You will need to know the engine model and serial number to get the right kit. You may have a tiny bit of crud in the carb that will clog the jet once it's running, when it stalls, it drop back into the bottom of the bowl.

I 've had my blower for the last 18 years; well-kept/maintenace/stored etc. {Sears model 4 hp/21" /1989}

When we had our last snow fall it started fine (although I used old gas to start it and found a cracked hose which I replaced) and after it ran for a few minutes it would quit; and always when I put it in gear or try to move it it stalls. Bad gas !!!!!

This morning I drained all of the gas and put in fresh gas ran great for a while and then it did the same thing!!!

I can udjust the air/gas flow under the carb with no problem and runs great, but then it acts up again. I haven't changed the plug; belt is all fine; goes into gear with no problems etc.

any hints what it could be. Love this thing my buddy for 18 years!

Thanks in advance

A

Make sure the gas cap is able to breathe. Just loosely stuff a rag in the tank opening so the gas doesn't splatter all over and try running it. If it runs okay try to clear the relief hole or buy a new cap. If it's not that I'd check for crud in the float bowl. I've seen condensers that ran fine cold but failed when they heated up.

JF

JF

Bring it over to me and since you are an OFNr I'll fix it for free, well, you pay for the parts. I'll bet though that some of the other posts are right on the money, dirt in the bowl, you'll need a 13 mm wrench to undo the nut that holds the bowl on, there are two ports one large, the second a very small one usually just above the threds on that bolt. clean with carb and choke cleaner and use a piece of fine wire to insure it isn't plugged. Then remove the fuel line at the carb and let some gas run through it to flush any dirt or water that might be in the line. That should solve your problem. Make sure that when you put the bowl back on that you get a good seal, often the bowl gasket needs to be replaced as they tend to swell and it can be hard to get a good seal. Or, as I said, bring it over to me.