The generosity of OFNr's

Big Cliff

A couple of weeks ago I posted looking for anything with a small gas engine on it for me to putter with,work on (hopfully repair). Several of you have been kind enough to donate various items and it is very much appreciated. Most of them can and will be repaired to work again, the few that are beyond reasonable repair will be used for spare parts and the remainder will be recycled for scrap metal so little if anything will end up in a land fill.

Sometimes though people just go that extra mile for you: Saturday Will showed up at my door with some stuff for me, he had gone down to Mark's place in Oshawa and picked up a couple of items (thank you Mark) and drove them all the way up here to me in Lindsay. We sat and had a coffee and talked fishing for a bit and when it was time for him to leave, I offered to give him something for gas. He wouldn't take anything!

An hour later a friend who lives in Godrich showed up at my door, he had stopped by John's place in Stratford and picked up a leaf blower/vaccuum which John had donated. (Thank you John!) He drove all that way knowing that the weather reports were calling for a mixed bag of bad stuff so he could bring it and a lawn mower down to me. He isn't an OFNr yet but I'm working on him LOL.

Once again I just wanted to say thank you to all those people who continue to help me find projects to work on and I only hope I can someday repay the generosity that seems to be so limitless on this board.

...and I only hope I can someday repay the generosity that seems to be so limitless on this board.

Cliff, we've never met but I get the impression from the forum that you are one of the most generous people on the board with your time and know-how. I think you have a bunch more favours coming your way before breaking even!

-Brian

....Yep there sure is a lot of generous folks here. :clapping:

To bad I didn't know back in September Cliff when I tossed a self propelled reel type lawn mower with a 5 horse Briggs & Stratton (running condition). The blades needed a good sharpening and the roller bar (?) needed some mending but other wise a functioning mower.

I'd had it for several years and couldn't give it away? :wallbash:

Hey Cliff, not sure if we'll get down your way again this year but generousity follows you as does good karma. You give it and it will return two-fold...or something like that...lol. Keep up the good work and say hello to Sue and Andy for us.