Late Season Simcoe Smallies! Nov 25th - Pic

Slayingm

Although my boat has been away for a month now I managed to get out with a buddy of mine on Sat. for couple of hrs to freeze our butts off and try to find some last season smallies. After not being able to launch at our 1st 2 spots (iced right up!) we finally got out at Virgina with the ferry breaking the ice there.

My managed to tag a number of big fish all in the 5 - 6lb range fishing 37 to 45' with tubes and hair jigs.... here is pic of a couple typical fish we were getting.....the latest I have been on Simcoe in a boat and what a blast!

Nov252007SimcoeSM2.jpg

Take care and good Fish'n...... Greg.

Yeah, those two fish look REALLY familiar! WTG Greg, they're awesome smallies. Were they hugging the bottom at those depths? Beauties for sure, thanks for sharing.

Roy... although we marked fish a few feet up from the bottom only the ones on the bottom would bite for us that day. Like Mark K. mentioned in one of his posts a slow presentation was key. We got most of our fish that way put I also triggered a couple by popping a tube then letting the line go slack so it would settle back on bottom.

ccmtcanada... you got that right.... I warmed right up after I boated my first fish.... a 21" 5.5lb fish... G.