PRO/AM 08

misfish

I put it up in the announcements section Bri. Cool news for sure.

Should be a lot of OFNers out there, JPD, Chonger, Kulik and Myself for sure anyways. Maybe more considering all the cash they're putting out there for the taking...

It's gonna be a long winter...

Charles

Roy, if you can get to WFN it's in the main navigation bar beside Community. The third one.

Charles

edit: oops, I read your post again and now I think it's probably some sort of plug-in issue. It's working fine for me using Firefox 2.0.0.9

Edited by charlesn

Well looks like I'll see you at Simcoe and Gravenhurst Brian, yes $850 is a lot of money Terry, but it's an experience you probably won't forget-I get to pay $1500.00 each! no bdonkeys no glory!

Yep you will.

Im signing up for all of them.

Talk to all my sponsers after the boat went and they still will help me out. Good people.Heck thier all over my truck.LOL

Sorry Charles,didnt see that.

Terry lets do one of them.Come on,hell,what did you pay for a reel this year. :wallbash::whistling::Gonefishing:

Edited by misfish

I couldn't find a link to the am pay out....

it is a lot of money for an am, if a person want to get into tourney fishing, I think it's a must....

but I've had not much good luck doing pro/ams..it is luck of the draw...

first one the guy couldn't find any fish so I pointed him a spot on Wellers bay where we got limits of fish

on the last day of the tourney, the guy was way out of the money so he decided not to go anywhere and save gas money and wear and tear...never started the main motor never lost sight of the weigh in..and we got one fish...LOL

but other guys I know got to fish with Frost and BOB and other guys worth the price of admission

Yep, been reading more info about this PRO/AM and Im thinking,and dont jump on me too hard,but,it may not be what everyone wants out of it. I also read,the Am,s only fish 2 of the 3 days.Top 10 pro anglers fish the third.

Dont get me wrong,I know it is a blast to be out there,but it,s like taking the ham out of the chesse and ham sandwich with fishing for only 2 days of the 3.

JMO.

I have sent an email to try and find out what prizes they will be offering up.I still will be doing the event,but may not be all,as I wanted. Im thinking Simcoe and Muskoka will be the two. Also waiting to hear back if the Am.s prizes are handed out on the Saturday or the Sunday. Sunday would mean a lay over to wait for the tourney to finish then head back home.

There is to be another pro/am run out of the CSFL. I may jump on a couple of them aswell.Not taking away from the WFN here.It,s all good.

The extra day is just for the top 10. The Ams and the Pro's that finish from 11th to 50th get their cash and can leave Saturday night.

I like the idea of mid-week 1-day Pro/Ams, I hope it goes well.

I just don't have the time (or moolah) to commit to both so I will be focusing on the WFN Series. If I make a top 10, first $20 gets to have a water soluble tattoo of whatever they want written across my forehead to appear on WFN. haha

Charles

Got a question. Do the Ams have to have a boat too? Since it states that all boats must have at least 1 M liability insurance and that otherwise would not be allowed in the tourney.

I was under the impression the Ams fish with the Pros (most likely on the Pro's boat).

Sorry, if the question was a dumb @ss question, I've never looked at any tourneys before. It's peaking my interest now though.

Stan

The AMS fish out of the PROS boat. No question is a dumb question. The PROS are responsible for the Insurance too.

A good gesture is to split the cost of the gas for the day with your PRO!

Oops looks like Terry beat me to your answer..

Edited by mart

You split the gas,I even brought lunch for the boater if he wanted it.Lots of times they dont have time to get a lunch ready.

Yes it is a draw game. You can get hooked up with one of the top boys,or gals.Yes ladies fish this aswell.Dont laugh,they can kick butt.You can also get hooked up with like Terry said before,someone that maybe lost thier chance at the top spot and they will just fish where ever,but I did not see that when I fished the CFT pro/am.

I just like the idea of getting out and learning new stuff,and riding in those fancy shiney machines and going fast.Also,you get to meet great people. Man I have met alot of guys from the events and made some great friends.

Stan,I think you would really enjoy your weekend out. Really,for the price of one event,you can say I did this.

Edited by misfish

If I could add my 2 cents guy's from a learning perspective, this is second to none, you get 2 days with 2 different pro's and you get them at there absolute best! I have had only positive experiences with my co-anglers, I still keep in touch with most, it's really rewarding for me to see a guy land a nice fish on a new technique that you just taught him or her, a lot of guys worry about the prizes, I'm sure WFN will not dissapoint, but the biggest prize is the knowledge and experience you gain! I realize that the expense is a factor , anyone who knows me knows I am just a regular working stiff, believe me if I can do it anyone can!