Clam 2000 Portable Ice Hut ?

cityfisher

If it is not made for atv's or snowmobile towing it should be indicated.I have a Frabill and it clearly says not to do so.

A couple of years ago I pulled an ice fishing sled from canadian tire ;(the little black ones) behind a pick up truck .By the time I reached the shack I rented the friction from the high speed towing had melted holes into the sled.Luckily I patched up the holes with some silicone when I got home.

I hope this won't happen to your clam.check with the manufacturer .Good fishing :worthy:

The manufacturers have runner kits for them made out of UHMW plastic for just that reason. Don't know if CTC could order it for you Mike, you might have to order it from their website, or another store.

I do know the kits are available for the clams.

I built a small sled from an old fish tub, and used a kids plastic shovel from CTC as the front end, and put snowmobile sliders on the bottom for tracking because it was completely flat.

IMG_0057.JPG

Edited by tjsa

the Clam 2000 is a great hut for 1-2 people - will fit in most cars too

this summer during a rainy Saturday I made a small sled frame for it with runners - will make hand pulling it a breeze and i can add a tow bar to it if I ever plan to tow it. - i'll post some pics when i get my digital camera for Christmas

the Clam 2000 is a great hut for 1-2 people - will fit in most cars too

this summer during a rainy Saturday I made a small sled frame for it with runners - will make hand pulling it a breeze and i can add a tow bar to it if I ever plan to tow it. - i'll post some pics when i get my digital camera for Christmas

I bougt it for exactly that reason.... my car wont fit the 2man clam flipable hut so this was my best other option.

I was able to mount it on my front rack lastnight so that might be the best way to travel on the ice with it...

Now I have to figure out how to bring all the rest of my gear with me....auger,chairs,rod/tackle/flasher,portable heater & my GF/buddies sometimes :)

Its gonna be Bungee madness on my atv

Edited by cityfisher