OFNC,Walleye Tournament Nov 17,18 2007

fishindevil

Hey everyone i am taking names so i can get a rough idea how many people are going to fish our first ever OFC Live Release Walleye Tournament On Nov 17,18 at our G2G this weekend at merland park,the fee will be 10dollars and there is a big trophy for first place as well as CASH...It will be for longest fish,not by weight,as we are trying not to kill any big spawners,so it is catch & release only,if you plan on keeping the fish you CANNOT ENTER THAT FISH!!!!! you also can fish anywhere in the bay of quinte plus the upper gap & lake ontario on ly !!!!! i will be handing out the forms,and will collect the money as well....so just let me know if you are planning to enter it...this will be alot of fun,and will be great to fish with everyone !!!

AND ONE MORE THING TO ADD,THANKS TO GERRITTS IDEA!!!!!!!!

50% OF THE WINNINGS TO BE DONATED TO FISHING FOR TYLER !!!!!!

HOW DOES THAT SOUND TO EVERYONE???

I THINK THATS A GREAT THING TO DO!!!!!!!

SO i welcome everyones feedback,as i said farther down in this post that we will work out the details ,and i will make another post for what works best for everyone,and have everything all worked out by the weekend so any ideas just let me,or us know and we can go from there !!!!

Edited by fishindevil

Yes good idea wayne i was going to ask for feedback on several points like what brian said too does everyone have to stay at merland park...so it sounds like its best to have it for one day like you said,as most people will all be together saturday night....theres a few more things to work out as well...i would like some ideas from everyone as well

Edited by fishindevil

a few questions .. do you have to be staying at Merlands??? what time is measure in??? is it honor system (pic good enough) or do we have to attempt to keep the fish alive in the livewell???

You could be stayin anywhere. All you are showing Shawn is a digital picture with a tape measure behind the fish.

Is there some object for the day to be in the picture Shawn? or will we get that advise Friday night?

Shawn...one thing I've noticed about 8 pound + walleye is that they are all in the area of 30 to 33 inches in size....so it's quite possible for many fish to be tied for top spot. What about taking a girth measurement as well...maybe not for the photo as we want to get these fish back in the water, but just mark it down on that form. So..in the case of a tie in length, the girth can be used to break that tie. Just a suggestion.