My First HDR pics

bigfish1965

I quickly learned that attempting HDR shots on a windy day is a bad idea. I managed to 'improve' the software my Canon S2 IS runs on and it helped with the histograms and shutter control. I swear I took 50 or more pics before I started getting the hang of it. My only mistake that I can see is I left the Vivid Color option on...not needed when doing these types of pics I can see.

Here's two that didn't suck. The one has some focus issues cause I forgot to remove the centering option from the autofocus and it focused in too far into the foreground.

You're definitely on the right track Rick. You're right about color saturation. HDR boosts it up on its own, although there is a saturation slider in PhotoMatix. It takes a while to get a pattern going with all of the sliders. Just moving them around randomly is frustrating. After playing with it for a while, there's a few things that I do on all of my HDR photos in PhotoMatix. I'll start a new thread so that others can add their HDR tips and advice.

I'm looking forward to seeing more from you Rick. Thanks for sharing..

Nice Rick ! ..BUT I wanna know how you can attach a 720meg pic and a 500+ pic in the same post, and we have a 250 limit per post = 125 per picture! LOL

Access to the Admin Control Panel has it's privileges! :)

I guess we'll have to keep an eye on the images/disc space here. Does phootobucket allow big azz pictures?