Kesagami

Kirk

Thinking about booking a 3-4 day weekend there next year.

Looks good from the fishing shows etc. etc., but those guys stay for free and get paid to compliment, who has actually been there fishing, service, season accomodations etc.

(pike #'s sizes as well LOL, no matter what anyone says, size does matter)

Thanks Kyle, Wayne.

I gotta be careful, I have the job of picking the spot, which means if we get lots of fish, I will be surrounded with a boatload of expert fishermen who know how to pick lodges, catch fish etc etc, and if we get skunked, I'll be the goat that ruined everyones weekend. No pressure LOL

Hi Kirk , I was one of the guy's that got a free promotional trip a few years ago, but I will share my 4 day experience, as a whole it was very enjoyable, lots of wildlife, carabou, rabbits grouse, etc... the lodge was awesome! meals were great, the staff freindly, Charlie Mcdonald-the manager, made sure guests were happy, as for the fishing if you like numerous walleye and big pike(who doesn't) the fishing was fun, you can pretty much catch walleye at will and I remember the thrill of watching 40+inch pike attacking buzzbaits in a foot of water, so from my memories I would certainly recomended, my freind tourney angler Garret Green told me the fishing is still A-1 due to the lodges conservation policies , like barbless single hooks, no kill pike and a slot limit only2 walleye limit-most anglers did not keep any although you can have a shore lunch, I didn't bother cause it took too much time out from fishing, one thing I really liked was the after dinner walleye action in front of the lodge, pretty much one after another, would I pay to go again? yes I enjoyed the experience for more than the fishing, I had a freind who has recently passed away, who used to go every year and he enjoyed it also.

we flew up there in '97ish... top notch service and awesome, unbelievable fishing, big numbers and big fish... our best day was when we portaged off teh main lake into a little one they had just opened (we were the 2nd guests to fish it). If you can afford it, it's well worth it... i'm sure things have changed since then, but can't see it changing too much... oh and the ribs (if it's still the same owners---- the own Michelbob's down in florida) too die for... of course all the meals were good...

One day i'll go back, it was my last real fishing trip with my grandfather (just the 2 of us went) before he passed away and i think i'd spread a few of his ashes there as we had the best time there!!

Fishing there is fantastic. Do yourself a fave though, book 7 days. You could have bad flying weather keep you off the lake, and, you could have bad lake conditions make it harder to pattern the fish depending on the season you pick. Three days is too much risk for things to go wrong and you end up being short-changed.

They say you get what you pay for and with Kesagami it's simply the truth. Class accommodations, food, and the fishing is some of the best in Ontario. Walleye will keep you busy all day and large pike, especially at the far end of the lake are just that....LARGE PIKE!. The lake itself is basically shallow (15 ft or so ) quite large and again with fantastic fishing. I'll guide you if you pay my way....LOL

Edited by Garyv

Big thank you to everyone for their helpful comments.

I will send PM's once I digest all the info and finish checking out their website (the outpost camps look interesting as well and I think I've decided that if I am going to go all the way up to sub-arctic James Bay its going to be for a week)