Georgian Bay Steelhead on Thursday

solopaddler

WAIT I THOUGHT NATE WAS A EXPERT WITH TONS OF HOURS ON THE WATER he sould be posting or CATCHING fish right now, I know the real steelheaders are....

LETS SEE YOUR PICS

just my 2cents worth

Dave

He's still young. Talented (and published), but young. He's very good at hanging over your shoulder if he thinks you've got the best spot, which is the mark of a young fisherman - "outta my way, cause I gotta catch 'em all NOW!" He and his buddies still owe me a pic from last year, so I'm a little bitter.

Now, THAT was a pic I'd like to see posted :)

p.-

Ya I guess your right I should be posting pictures of every single fish so that I can come to a board mostly full of people who have not the slightest idea on how to steelhead and get my ego boost to reassure myself that im good at fishing. I think it's pathetic that at 30+ years old you feel that you have to certify your skills by posting pictures of 3lb fish 6 different angles and then challenge a 17 year old who should be looking for an ego boost to say he isn't catching fish because he isn't posting pictures.

As far as Paulus' statement it was the BEAVER cleary myself and the other 8931572395 people must have greased you out...considering in the picture we can clearly see that there is plenty of space between us. But your right IM an idiot :whistling:

n511601466_285300_5507.jpg

Nate

Didnt see this till today as I was down in the states hammering on BIG steelhead with my buddies...here's a couple pictures of many fish. I'd like my hero cookie please :rolleyes:

DSC00795Large.jpg

DSC_4036.jpg

Edited by Nater

Nice catches there solopaddler.

Good to hear that "nate" has no ego.

Sorry Nater-the-deflater Highjacked your thread.

He might secretly love you?

I don't "think" his comments were directed at me, if they were who cares?

Nate is young and has some growing up to do that's obvious....

Ya I guess your right I should be posting pictures of every single fish so that I can come to a board mostly full of people who have not the slightest idea on how to steelhead and get my ego boost to reassure myself that im good at fishing. I think it's pathetic that at 30+ years old you feel that you have to certify your skills by posting pictures of 3lb fish 6 different angles and then challenge a 17 year old who should be looking for an ego boost to say he isn't catching fish because he isn't posting pictures.

As far as Paulus' statement it was the BEAVER cleary myself and the other 8931572395 people must have greased you out...considering in the picture we can clearly see that there is plenty of space between us. But your right IM an idiot :whistling:

n511601466_285300_5507.jpg

Nate

Didnt see this till today as I was down in the states hammering on BIG steelhead with my buddies...here's a couple pictures of many fish. I'd like my hero cookie please :rolleyes:

DSC00795Large.jpg

DSC_4160.jpg

DSC_4036.jpg

WOW... there I am in the background in Blue.. and my buddie Steve is just beyond me... I remember that day well.

I like the pose the guy behind you is making.. number 1??

Gerritt.

Edited by Gerritt

Nice fish Solo! I always enjoy your reports! I don't get why some folks insist on insulting others, while off handedly promoting themselves?

Nater, perhaps you should have posted your own thread to show us your catch? You obviously wanted us to see it! They are really only fish, whether your obsessed with them or not, they are just fish!

Keep'em comin Solo! Your a class act and I'm sure if a pole was taken as to who the members here would like to fish with, you'd be near or at the top!

It's just a fish for cryin out loud!

HH

As if I could care less that you guys saw I caught fish...I'd rather keep everythign underwraps then showing the loogan circus where the fish are on. I love how Dmasse acts like a 2 yr old and everyone here comes running to protect him. I suppose you have to protect your own

and incase your interested DMASSE I fish 7 days a week...I guess we wouldn't call that logging time on the water?

Nate

Edited by Nater

Nice fish Solo! I always enjoy your reports! I don't get why some folks insist on insulting others, while off handedly promoting themselves?

Nater, perhaps you should have posted your own thread to show us your catch? You obviously wanted us to see it! They are really only fish, whether your obsessed with them or not, they are just fish!

Keep'em comin Solo! Your a class act and I'm sure if a pole was taken as to who the members here would like to fish with, you'd be near or at the top!

It's just a fish for cryin out loud!

HH

Thank's HH, although it's not really an insult.

If it was directed at me from one of my peers, well then, different story.

Now, I'm going to add some thoughts to this post 'cause I have a feeling that it's not going to die. :)

I've been a member of this board for a few years, but became a really active participent less than a year ago.

Why?

Well, last year there was a "somewhat" similar thread except it was myself directing the comments towards Gerritt.

I don't think my comments were too harsh, but nevertheless I had an epiphany of sorts and realized that whether I was right or I was wrong was irrelevant.

The fact was I was acting like a jackass :) .

I made up my mind to not be so condescending and attempt to become a more active member.

Why? Is it because I "like to have my ego stroked" or need a "hero cookie"?

No, it's simply because it's fun and no other reason.

I'm in front of this stinkin' computer here at work for 2 separate 16 hour shifts and let me tell you

if it wasn't for OFC I'd be bored silly. (I have a fairly stress free job :) )

I still only post a fraction of the fishing I actually do, and with the exception of extremely remote areas or fly-ins you still won't see me name a location....

I've also experienced criticism from various people because of some of my posts. I've learned to shrug it off.

Perhaps Freud might speculate that such a critical person is entirely too convinced of his own place in the universe and more specifically that perhaps his entire sense of self worth is wrapped up in his ability to be a good angler.

In the words of Seinfeld that is "Quite lame!"

Me? I have nothing to prove to anybody and will continue to post on this board as I see fit.

cheers, Mike

well put Mike,

Your a class act...

personally I suck monkey butt at fishing lol I just come here to see all the hot chicks in the avatars and wanna know how I can get a few of em :D

douG can give you the link to my avatar, perv.

Thank's HH, although it's not really an insult.

If it was directed at me from one of my peers, well then, different story.

Now, I'm going to add some thoughts to this post 'cause I have a feeling that it's not going to die. :)

I've been a member of this board for a few years, but became a really active participent less than a year ago.

Why?

Well, last year there was a "somewhat" similar thread except it was myself directing the comments towards Gerritt.

I don't think my comments were too harsh, but nevertheless I had an epiphany of sorts and realized that whether I was right or I was wrong was irrelevant.

The fact was I was acting like a jackass :) .

I made up my mind to not be so condescending and attempt to become a more active member.

Why? Is it because I "like to have my ego stroked" or need a "hero cookie"?

No, it's simply because it's fun and no other reason.

I'm in front of this stinkin' computer here at work for 2 separate 16 hour shifts and let me tell you

if it wasn't for OFC I'd be bored silly. (I have a fairly stress free job :) )

I still only post a fraction of the fishing I actually do, and with the exception of extremely remote areas or fly-ins you still won't see me name a location....

I've also experienced criticism from various people because of some of my posts. I've learned to shrug it off.

Perhaps Freud might speculate that such a critical person is entirely too convinced of his own place in the universe and more specifically that perhaps his entire sense of self worth is wrapped up in his ability to be a good angler.

Me? I have nothing to prove to anybody and will continue to post on this board as I see fit.

cheers, Mike

Mike, I did not find your comments regarding my post last year harsh at all.. it was your opinion and you were entitled to it. nor did I jump down your throat over it either... Infact I valued your insight and I still do. Keep posting whatever you want to share and to hell with the naysayers...

I am still laughing at buddy giving the finger in the above pics and I was there behind him howling!

great times on the river!

PS.. Critic (sp?) me more... it might help me catch more fish!

Gerritt.

Mike, I did not find your comments regarding my post last year harsh at all.. it was your opinion and you were entitled to it. nor did I jump down your throat over it either... Infact I valued your insight and I still do. Keep posting whatever you want to share and to hell with the naysayers...

I am still laughing at buddy giving the finger in the above pics and I was there behind him howling!

great times on the river!

PS.. Critic (sp?) me more... it might help me catch more fish!

Gerritt.

Well that's cool then...glad to hear there's no lingering hard feelings.

And yeah, you're right about Paul (he's a good friend). I had NO idea he did that!

:D:D:D

Paul, you in the background of that picture is priceless buddy!

Ditto to you too buddy, LOL!

Wow, this post is bringing everyone out of the woodwork :) .

Nice avatar pic BTW, that was one heckuva trip wasn't it?

cheers, Mike

Maybe Freud would have also had something to say about someone who has to boost his perhaps fragile sense of self (ego) posting self congratulating posts on the net on a weekly basis. Then again maybe he wouldn't as there was no net back then :whistling:

Natester get over it nothing you say will make any difference...

cheers, Mike

Maybe Freud would have also had something to say about someone who has to boost his perhaps fragile sense of self (ego) posting self congratulating posts on the net on a weekly basis. Then again maybe he wouldn't as there was no net back then :whistling:

Natester get over it nothing you say will make any difference...

And nothing you say here will have ANY bearing on the relationships Mike has made on OFC he is a WELL respected member on this board well before you came on with your 2nd post..... I was on the river the day Nate was... and HE is one of the reasons I feel the way I do about the so called purists.. he was there with 4-5 other guys all posing for the camera when fighting a fish..and I mean posing like he was a darn supermodel... they were tromping up and down the river screwing up other people drifts.. in general a PITA...

with all his years of experiance... he has alot to learn in the way of respect...

Ohhh yeah and BTW...

That really is me in the background.. laughing my ass off at him, as others give him the finger... saw it all day long from numerous anglers...

Gerritt.

Edited by Gerritt

Gerrit how many bows did you catch that day? 4 MAYBE? Face the facts you got whooped by a 17 yr old. I love the "stay strong" as a group mentality here what a joke. Me and oen other guy were there and I have a whopping total of 6 pictures from that day.

I guess that makes Mike and I on the same level as supermodels along with you? I seem to recall you posting pictures from that trip on this site

talk about calling the kettle black

Nate

Nate, you really must mature a little. You're probably very good at what you do but hey, you're too good for us. Go spin your center pin.....You've insulted enough people already. We're not that kind of a family Bud. We look after each other. Good luck ambushing fish in 20 foot wide tribs trying to get up the rivers to spawn. Sorry Nate, that's how I feel. Oh BTW your accolades might want to step down also.