Hunting question

suds

HI all,

I am hoping a few of the hunter types here can help me out. I have been scouring MNR websites, and OFAH and I am still confused. My father is coming out from B.C. to hunt birds next week and so we know he needs a non resident small game license (correct?) Anyone know where these are sold in Toronto North? I assumed BPS, but I can't get anyone on the phone who knows- its classic voice mail jail!

Can he legally transport his firearms with only the hunting license? I know you can in B.C. and Alberta, but I can't figure it out here.

Also, can anyone send me any info about hunter instruction course instructors? Or does anyone know one?

I emailed several directly from OFAH website a while back, but have heard nothing. I can legally hunt in B.C. and AB, but not here until I challenge the course. Sounds like a cash grab for sure!

Thanks in advance- appreciate any info you have

PM if you like

cheers

suds

Can he legally transport his firearms with only the hunting license? I know you can in B.C. and Alberta, but I can't figure it out here.

Thanks in advance- appreciate any info you have

PM if you like

cheers

suds

For the important question, No. At minimum you require a current (POL) Possession Only Licence or current (PAL) Possession and Acquisition Licence. The amnesty for non restricted long guns, (rifle/shotgun) has been extended to May 2008, so unless you run into some ornery old phallic protrusion, the POL/PAL should be okay.