Full Week's Report *PICS*

steverowbotham

Alright, I havent posted for about a week, but it doesnt mean I havent been out.

Last Sunday, the Barrie Bassmasters held an open tournament on Balsam Lake. We had 54 boats turn out, which is the best yet, I hope it keeps growing. I was lucky enough to have my old man come up for the weekend to fish with me, and although it was a tough day, we still managed 12.40 pounds for 15th place. No money this time, but it was great to see him again, and have him catch some fish as he's only been out one other time this season (We placed 5th in a pike tournament on Cooch).

IMG_1628.jpg

On Tuesday, my class (3rd year Fish and Wildlife at Fleming College), went down to the Credit River to assist the MNR, OFAH and Ringwood Hatchery with Chinook egg collection. It was fun, and we were able to collect almost 30 pairs in the one day we assisted, thats a lot of eggs, hopefully they turn out well, I can add photos later

On Saturday we waited out the storms and got out onto Simcoe for 3 hours before more storms headed in. We caught one toad, and a bunch of 3-4 pounders, mostly on tubes and dropshots.

IMG_1643.jpg

IMG_1645.jpg

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed.