Thursday on the Sturg...

joonmoon

Spent my birthday with a few things in mind today. First get my buddy Gadget into his first Ski. Second fishin on my birthday...priceless.

Started out from K-W at 4:30 am, headed to the Sturg. Launched by 7:30 and couldn't see the difference between the lake and the horizon due to thick fog so we jigged close to shore for walleyes but could only muster up a few small perch. As the fog lifted we trolled to our destination of choice where we began to chuck bucks and spinnerbaits for the next few hours without even so much as a sniff from a ski. While takin a break I did jig the bottom and found a smallmouth and many perch but all were dinks. As the day grew longer I began to rethink my plan and tried something different...well it paid off.

A 21" 5lb+ Smallie...what a brute but a welcomed guest on my birthday. A birthday Bass not soon forgotten. Haven't caught one that size for a few years. WAHOO.

100_1587.jpg

But still on the agenda was to get Gadget into his first Ski....after many hours still of various lures of varying sizes, shapes and color patterns....the wind began to blow a little stronger out of the south and put a slight chop on the water. I said now is the time lets do it. And two drifts through the weeds later he exclaims "FISH ON".

Not a giant and not a long battle but nonetheless I succeeded in guiding him to his first Ski.

100_1589.jpg

I was so excited for him I was shakin as if I had caught em. Landed the 25" er measured and photo snapped and back to the drink he went. All the while we were both smiling (I was more relieved than anything).

Thanks Gadget for spending the day doin what we luv and sharing birthday memories forever. B)

Well, first , Happy Birthday to you. I was thinking about you yesterday morning when I saw the fog bank out on the lake. We were kind of hoping you might drop in on your way home as I thought you might stop in for a few walleye around dusk.

Good job on the fishing, nice bass! Really glad you enjoyed your day.

Hey thanks all. Cliff we didn't stay much past 4pm, I had to work Friday morning bright and early and needed some sleep since I didn't get very much Wed nite. My buddy Gadget needed to get home for work on Friday as well, he also needed to rest his sore bucktail throwing arm too...lol. The fog held us up for about 45 min at the shore where we launched until I could navigate well enuff to see where we were goin. Tried for some eyes while we waited for the fog but nothin doin. It sure was an awesome day though.You will be hearing from Gus and I soon. Cya B)