Portable Phones & Computers ?

lew

I have a portable phone that's been sitting beside my computer for the last few years, but I bought a new one yesterday and while reading the instruction booklet, I came across a message saying not to have a portable phone sitting near a computer.

Anyone know the reason why, and if it'll hurt the computer, how far away should it be ?? :dunno:

at the call centre where I work if someone is getting a text msg on their cell phone, everyone that is nearby can hear a bunch of beeping from their computer as it comes in. It's some weird kind of interference. So if it happens you dont check your msgs for a few mins so no one knows it was you!

Morning Lew. I guess the :Gonefishing: is over up our way! As to your question re: phones, my base is across the room but my handset is on the desk beside me. I have never had any problems with this. The only problem I have ever had is when my cel is on the desk. When it is going to ring, it just drives my computer crazy! :angry: Static and all the good things that come with it! :blahblah1:

P.S.-I guess I'll have wait till next year to meet you in person! :(

The Poodle will be a lot bigger by then too! :w00t: Paul.

Other don'ts to remember;

-don't store VCR tapes on your tv or near/on your speakers - you will lose info off the tape from the magnetic field created by the tv/speaker magnets

-try not to drop VCR tapes... could also cause drop outs on the tape

-don't store magnets near your computer/cell phone etc.. will definately mess up your stuff!

HH

P.S.-I guess I'll have wait till next year to meet you in person! :(

The Poodle will be a lot bigger by then too! :w00t: Paul.

Yup, it woulda been nice to finally meet up with you too Paul, but the high winds really screwed up our fishing plans down your way this fall, but hopefully it'll be better next year.

We were down last month but the waves and very muddy water pretty much shut the fish down, then we planned on coming back 2 weeks ago, and the same thing happened, so we had to cancel our plans.

It was so nasty on the water, even the 2 guys gang trolling 8 baits couldn't snag a musky :angry:

So you boyz keep feeding the poodles and we'll be back down next year and give it another shot :thumbsup_anim: