Six mile lake report

Guest Johnny Bass

Guest Johnny Bass

Decided to go back to six mile lake for the second time. First time was really cold,windy, rainy and tough fishing. Though it looked promising. The only thing I didnt like is the fact that we caught and spotted alot of hammer handles.

Got there and we started working some new water we hadn't tried. I nailed a few bass in the 1 lb range and a few pike.Seen a 2+ lb largie coming out of some pads but wasn't paying attention and pulled the lure out of the water. Mark got bit off by a decent pike.

Then we seen a pair of 2+ lb bass coming out of some shallow heavy cover, but they weren't interested. The bass have seemed to move back to their summer patterns.....

Then I recognize a place I have fished from shore. I said there is smallies here and right on Q? Whack! Picked up a puke smallie.

We then decided to work a spot I had luck the last time. I had a jig and pig but no rattles, so I tiesd some on with mono line.

Was jigging and felt a bump. Bring it up and its a 1lb smallie. Spits it at the surface. Caught me by surprise. I was sitting down and jigging. But still nice to see the jig produce. Though the bass had removed the rattles and after that, I could not buy a fish on the jig and pig. I switched to a lighter colour and lighter jig head.Raised a smallie but that was about it.

There was alot of incidents that happened but I can't remember so I will just do a short recap.

I caught alot of pike on spinner baits. Biggest around 3 lbs.

Mark nails a decent Largie.

I nail quite a few largies and some smallies in the 2+lb range.

I nail a pig largie.

He always cuts out the tails!!!

sixmile001.jpg

sixmile002.jpg

This thing was peeling drag like you wouldn't believe. I honestly thought I had snagged a carp or something!

I see a pig smallie following the largie. Mark hooks the smallie about 10 minutes later and it snaps him off.....

Warning. Beware the 10 lb mono spider wire.....It snaps like nothing....

Basically I caught alot of largies, smallies and pike, and Mark had a slow day with 1 bass, 1 bite off and 1 snap off. Tried to take more pictures but the camera AGAIN wouldn't stay on....The weather was nice. Hardly any wind. Water temps were 64 but rose to 66 and 67 at certain places.

Hope you enjoyed the report.

Guest Johnny Bass

Thanks guys! Oh ya! I just remembered. I also nailed a 3+ lb largie and I was playing around with it near the boat. It jumped went under the boat and POP! Hook popped out!!!