Toronto Island's

Toronto_Angler

Hey all, since the weather looks to be nice tomorrow I was thinking about hitting up the islands for some Bass. Should I head to Ward's Island or stick to the main centre island? I've never fished down their before, I was thinking of just walking around looking for some boat docks and throwing some mepps or some spinner baits to see if I can pull out any bucketmouths or maybe even a pike. All tips are appreciated :)

I'll have my report wednesday with some pics of my catch (Hopefully)

Try the lakeshore at hanlans point, I sure you will get LOT'S of nibbles :devil:, but maybe not the kind you want.

Actually there is a pond that is north east of the "tee hee" beach that I have see some large trout swimming in. Might be worth a shot.

Edited by hometownhandyman

Mikeymikey's got it right - fish it all. Just pick a ferry and start walking. Look for all the likely places to find bass and you will find some eventually. Problem I find is that they are not always in the same place from day to day. So just because I caught one in one place doesn't mean I will catch one in the same spot the next day. Its best to walk around trying lots of different places. Try to find weeds - preferably green ones not dead ones in about 4-8ft of water plus try docks and along harbour walls. If you know where to look you can often see the fish before you even cast a line.

Good luck. Look forward to your report and leave some for me to catch this weekend!